Thread: FLatlander needing help

Ok guys, i need some help with a little trout fishing. I am a swamp/saltwater fishermen but have been invited to catch some trout.
    We are heading up to Madison Co. NC to fish the Laurel and Shelton Laurel??
    Any help on fly patterns or any other knowldege would be greatly appreciated!
    thanks fellas.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Bog-
    Been awhile since I've been to Shelton Laurel. It used to be a hatchery supported area that held a ton of cookie cutter (10-13 inch) fish. There were always a few larger fish, but mainly 3-5wt fun. We always fish Parachute Adams dry flies size 16 and 18. If you see any surface activity, thats a pretty sure bet. Nymphing with an indicator and 2 flies is a great bet as well. Typical Hare's Ear and Prince nymphs worked well there. The stream has easy access, and the flow is very easy to wade. Check out www.hunterbanks.com for NC stream reports. Good luck.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."