Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are game Wardens Watching You?

Default Are game Wardens Watching You?

https://www.fieldandstream.com/conse...trail-cameras/

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

The guy in the article, Hunter Hollingsworth, is a first class piece of shit. Known poacher. They were watching him for a reason.

Very much so, but the trail camera crossed a line.

I don’t care if he was Pablo Escobar. The ends don’t justify the means.

Due process, warrants and the like.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    The guy in the article, Hunter Hollingsworth, is a first class piece of shit. Known poacher. They were watching him for a reason.
    I can guarantee you he's outlawed while under a 3 year hunting license suspension too. Once an outlaw, always an outlaw BUT to utilize planted cellular trail cameras to spy on American citizens on their own property merely due to suspicion of being an outlaw should be illegal.

Game wardens here in SC traipse all over private property under the guise of their right to do so and protecting wildlife. I don't think it should be legal. What if they inadvertently catch a landowner burying a body, making moonshine or growing dope during one of these warrantless walkabouts......is that a legal search? Just curious, I'm no lawyer.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Very much so, but the trail camera crossed a line.
    Yep.

SC uses hidden trail cameras with video and record audio.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 10-23-2022 at 06:45 AM.

'Game wardens here in SC traipse all over private property under the guise of their right to do so and protecting wildlife. I don't think it should be legal. What if they inadvertently catch a landowner burying a body, making moonshine or growing dope during one of these warrantless walkabouts......is that a legal search? Just curious, I'm no lawyer.' I've wondered the same thing .

This guys a repeat offender who seems to enjoy breaking the law, he earned it. If his 90 acres bordered y’all you’d help hold the fucking ladder, hell some of y’all would be hunting with him.
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 10-23-2022 at 06:50 AM.

oh shit, caught a game warden doing this last year at one of our gates. all we did was embarrass him. might call the attorneys.

i also caught a warden checking a members cell cam, he lied like hell and said he didn’t do it….until i showed him the picture of him checking it. his words…”i don’t want to lose my job” my answer, “quit doing illegal shit”
    Windows Down!

Default Are game Wardens Watching You?

Senor Bush approves.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 10-23-2022 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    I don’t care if he was Pablo Escobar. The ends don’t justify the means.

Due process, warrants and the like.
    Talk to 'em, mang.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

This guys a repeat offender who seems to enjoy breaking the law, he earned it. If his 90 acres bordered y’all you’d help hold the fucking ladder, hell some of y’all would be hunting with him.
    Then it shouldn’t be hard to get a warrant and make a case the legal way.

And I’d like to see the point in time where supporting the constitution was synonymous with supporting criminals. Some of you people have been brainwashed by the patriot act and “war on terror”. Nice to know who will dime you out to the jack boots though.
    Last edited by Glenn; 10-23-2022 at 07:29 AM.

On more than one occasion this year sitting in a stand i've heard a drone near by. Hunting timber co. lease in Georgetown County.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbird View Post
    On more than one occasion this year sitting in a stand i've heard a drone near by. Hunting timber co. lease in Georgetown County.
    Probably the timber company cruising the timber.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Some shitbags molest their pets. By your rationale, we should all have 24/7 police surveillance in our homes to make sure we aren't trying to deepthroat our ferrets?

^^^ point well made but the mental image is quite disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Some shitbags molest their pets. By your rationale, we should all have 24/7 police surveillance in our homes to make sure we aren't trying to deepthroat our ferrets?
    How graphic but damn sure original
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Then it shouldn’t be hard to get a warrant and make a case the legal way.

And I’d like to see the point in time where supporting the constitution was synonymous with supporting criminals. Some of you people have been brainwashed by the patriot act and “war on terror”. Nice to know who will dime you out to the jack boots though.

What he said.

Law enforcement access in these situations mentioned above is deemed legal due to the open lands doctrine. It’s existence was long before the patriot act and applies to all law enforcement officers, not just game wardens. There is no reasonable expectation of privacy on open lands per the US Supreme Court.