Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W Shield Plus Optics Ready- which sight?

Shake-awake might stay on a lot if you keep it in your auto. It's not really a big deal because the little sight I put on my gun advertises a 50,000 battery life. The alternative is an always-on sight, which is still no big deal.

Exterior battery removal would be better than not but, again, it's not like you have to change out batteries very often. I've had the dot sight off my gun and it was pretty easy to get it sighted back in, especially since it's co-witness.

A buddy of mine has the Sig 365 and the mag is so hard to load, he brings it to me since he can't do it with his sausage fingers. A remedy for that would be an Uplula mag loader. It's a very handy little gizmo that fits most magazines and makes them really easy to load faster.

They are offering rebates on the S&W Shield Plus, which is optics ready. It's worth a look.

So,

No checking POI after changing batteries?
    Always on optic will run for 5 years before needing replacement? Damn.

The footprint configuration of the dot sight that I have does a decent job of indexing it in place so it wasn't far off after being removed and replaced. I have no idea if the other multitude of confusing mounting standards are the same but I doubt pulling one off and changing batteries changes the POI so drastically that it takes more than a couple shots to verify. With co-witness, you can basically "boresight" it with the iron sights.