Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 19-22 Chevy 2500

Default 19-22 Chevy 2500

Thinking about converting from my f250 to a 2500 diesel. Got my hands on a few that I like and want to pull the trigger.

Talk me out of it If it’s a mistake or these things are shit! Any known issues? Want an AT4 but I’m not sure I want to downsize just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

They make AT4 in 2500 why would you down size? I’ve got the AT4 1500 diesel and they are great. Just like the 2500 but smaller motor.

72D3DF81-2E3D-4849-9CF2-B85A221034B2.jpg
    Last edited by Biggie1976; 09-17-2022 at 03:17 PM.

They make AT4 in 2500, logger just got rid of one. A ‘20, prob would have made you a deal had 100,000 seamless miles with 37” Toyo Muds
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Chevy and GMC don’t offer adaptive cruise control on new 2500’s. One of the reasons I have an F250 on order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    Chevy and GMC don’t offer adaptive cruise control on new 2500’s. One of the reasons I have an F250 on order.
    With the refresh of the 22 models in 1500s. I believe they do in 2023 if they did the refresh on tue 2500s . I’m not sure though

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    With the refresh of the 22 models in 1500s. I believe they do in 2023 if they did the refresh on tue 2500s . I’m not sure though
    I know the Chevy dealer I spoke to said that adaptive cruise was not an option for the 2500 and 3500, this was about a month ago when I went and test drove two 2500’s. Not that it wasn’t available at the time or on order constraint but not an option. He could be wrong or they may add it in the future. I also couldn’t find it anywhere on the Chevy or GMC website listed as an option.
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

I know the Chevy dealer I spoke to said that adaptive cruise was not an option for the 2500 and 3500, this was about a month ago when I went and test drove two 2500’s. Not that it wasn’t available at the time or on order constraint but not an option. He could be wrong or they may add it in the future. I also couldn’t find it anywhere on the Chevy or GMC website listed as an option.
    Let me see what I can dig up on it now I’m interested. I do know it is only available on Denali ultimate in the 1500

I'm sure I could Google but then again one of the brain surgeons would probably love to explain it to me, wtf is adaptive cruise control?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Car in fro t brakes or slows your cruise adjusts accordingly and you don’t have to make any changes

My ‘20 Denali was the biggest POS I’ve ever owned and that includes a ‘98 K2500 with the 6.5L diesel. In the shop 9X before 1,000 miles, 20 months and a lawsuit against GM I got my money back. Actually made money but that’s a PITA way to do it. They fixed everything but the problem, knew it was a problem before they sold it to me. Bad computer, had shown up in service records before I bought it. If you want a diesel by the PSD or CTD.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    My ‘20 Denali was the biggest POS I’ve ever owned and that includes a ‘98 K2500 with the 6.5L diesel. In the shop 9X before 1,000 miles, 20 months and a lawsuit against GM I got my money back. Actually made money but that’s a PITA way to do it. They fixed everything but the problem, knew it was a problem before they sold it to me. Bad computer, had shown up in service records before I bought it. If you want a diesel by the PSD or CTD.
    We all are aware

We all are aware
    He asked, I gave him the facts I dealt with. Your money, spend it how you want. I’m not buying shit from that company.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

We all are aware
    Very

Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Car in fro t brakes or slows your cruise adjusts accordingly and you don’t have to make any changes
    All I got is you can resume. What the Hell. God Help this Man
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

4DC938E4-1405-4D20-B2E3-0D98E18E5149.jpegI was a Ram diesel guy since 2010. Got a new one every year. I switched to a GMC 2500 this year. I got the AT4 and so far I love it. No issues. PM me if you’d like and I can put you in contact with someone that can get you one and won’t charge over MSRP on one. I called all around from South Florida all the way up to Maryland trying to get the exact color and all I wanted and this dealership was the only one that would work with me and got me exactly what I wanted and dint charge me extra.
    Last edited by ducksmoker; 09-17-2022 at 09:06 PM.

Did you base your truck purchase on its ability to slow down without you having to do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    All I got is you can resume. What the Hell. God Help this Man
    What didn’t you get?

I have a 21 At4 and love it. I did add airbags for towing super heavy stuff Awesome truck so far

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    Did you base your truck purchase on its ability to slow down without you having to do anything?
    Yes, it was “one of the reasons”. Meaning there were more than one but that was one of them. I can be very ocd about the little details.