Thread: Congaree Sturgeon

Awesome fish!!!
    I hope it was released alive.

...Congaree...I think not.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Caviar!!!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Cool! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Those are some ancient fish from what I've read. I'd love to hang up with one!!
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule葉o all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Saw one caught last year at Packs.. Wasn't quite that big though...
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

ssssshhhhiiiiiiiittt !!!!!! [img]graemlins/hungry.gif[/img]
    the mind is a terrible thing to waste.Its to damn late now

What are the stats on that fish?
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule葉o all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

http://www.lenssportfishing-bc.com/fish-photos.htm

Doesn't seem likely it was the Congaree because the site is for sturgeon fishing in British Columbia.

Yeah. being from Greenwood you wouldn't know. British Columbia is on the West side of of Columbia right down fromt he confluence of the Broad and Saluda rivers.

Now that is funny JAB.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Originally posted by JABIII:
    Yeah. being from Greenwood you wouldn't know. British Columbia is on the West side of of Columbia right down fromt he confluence of the Broad and Saluda rivers.
    [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

DUCK MASTER is offline Professional Waterfowl Exterminator

that is one big mofo. the fish is pretty big too!
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine!

i bet it was hard for that many drunk guys to pull off that picture, and well worth it.
    KICKASS PIC!!!!
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Atlantic Sturgeon get big.....but not that big.....damn...

My dad used to live in Washington, and every trip I used to make to see him, we would go catch those things. I will see if I can pull up some pics from when we used to go. If you have never been it is really worth it. I remember I went one year and caught one that measured 7'-1", do not know how much it weighed we released all the fish we caught, but anyway the guide got on its back and tried to ride it!
    Originally posted by scfisherman143: "we mostly have woodies and teal but today we had workable big ducks allot of them ringnecks buffleheads redheads teal woodies it was amazing\"<br /><br />Another brilliant future duck hunter in the making

Originally posted by duckcrazed:
    Atlantic Sturgeon get big.....but not that big.....damn...
    We fished the Combahee for sturgeon back in the 60's and 70's. The last year we could legally fish, we caught one that was over 350 lbs. with around 50 lbs. of roe.
    Like to talk Gamecock sports? Check out http://www.gamecocksportsforum.com.

I don't know what the differences are but I've heard that sturgeon from the Pacific Drainage average bigger than those from the Atlantic Drainage. But I ain't no sturgeon expert. <confused>

Quack Daddy,
    What did y'all use for bait? Seems I saw something once where the guys baited with a head of cabbage or lettuce? Been a long time ago so I'm not sure I remember right.

We used squid when we went.
    Originally posted by scfisherman143: "we mostly have woodies and teal but today we had workable big ducks allot of them ringnecks buffleheads redheads teal woodies it was amazing\"<br /><br />Another brilliant future duck hunter in the making