Thread: Hartwell, Russell or Clarks Hill

Duck season is coming to an end and I am looking to begin fishing again.

Does anyone have an update on how the striper are hitting on Hartwell or Clarks Hill?

Hey Huntin Ducks, I am not sure about Hartwell, but My dad and I went on Wateree a few days ago, and we didn't catch a darn thing. We saw some gulls diving hard on something in Colonel Creek, but nothing come of it. I've got a cousin on Hartwell, I will try to call him this week. Good luck last week of the season. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "A wife that cooks and cleans the dishes deserves these three wishes... A grateful mate, a well kissed cheek, and a restaurant dinner at least once a week!" - Pabst Blue Ribbon

MURRAY
    Good to talk, see you out there!

Originally posted by BustSomeDucks:
    MURRAY
    [img]graemlins/iagree.gif[/img]
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

If you want to catch numbers of fish Murray if you want to go for bigger fish Hartwell if a trophy is what you want RUSSELL

thats back ass wards,exept for russell...
    my heart will always be with dixie.

Hartwell is my lake, weve been catchin a few here and there, not many but they were decent size, and when i say decent I'm talkin 6-7 lbs, I know its no trophy but at least its better than those little peckerheads. I thought you could only catch the big fish at Russel behind hartwell dam in the summer?

Originally posted by Clemsonpm:
    Hartwell is my lake, weve been catchin a few here and there, not many but they were decent size, and when i say decent I'm talkin 6-7 lbs, I know its no trophy but at least its better than those little peckerheads. I thought you could only catch the big fish at Russel behind hartwell dam in the summer?
    Oh no, you can catch them NOW

went to Hartwell on 2-2-06 caught two fish on umbrella rigs nothing on live bait guides say it,s the worse year in a long time.

They must be biting on Hartwell because the boats were all out on the water this morning.
    The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly.
    Theodore Roosevelt

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I am supposed to try it on Hartwell over the weekend over next three weeks. I will be in a teal Sea Fox with a T-top. If yall see me give me a shout on the radio.

Any recommendations?

Originally posted by huntin ducks:
    I am supposed to try it on Hartwell over the weekend over next three weeks. I will be in a teal Sea Fox with a T-top. If yall see me give me a shout on the radio.

Any recommendations?
    Try any areas of the lake in the bigger creeks and mouths. Seneca river up toward Coneross area, 18 mile creek and Matin creek a 2 favorites.

Tugaloo try the creek at T14(not sure of the name) and also points on the main channel are good also.

Live bait on freelines is working now, I am headed out Friday am and I will try and post a report/pm you for sure and let you know.

It is HOT right now, past weekend I think one of the torunaments was won with big fish and lots of reports of big fish being caught.
    Do not know who said it was worst year ever on Hartwell but what time I have been on the water(which is very very limited this time of year due to my work schedule) I have done fairly well

Went today caught 3 from 8-15lb, just wandering if anyone else is catching anything and where?

Put in at smith mcgee bridge on russell and troll back toward the dam right now if you want a trophy!
    Hunt with your kids , not for them !!!

I fished around the T14 marker on Friday. Up Big Beaverdam and Little Beaverdam pulling planer boards, down lines and flat lines. We got bit on all. Several were just the fish killing bait, but we ended up after just 3 hours on the water getting four. Around 5-7 pounds, nothing special but better than nothing. We found the fish working under birds.

Anyone else had any luck.

What about from the Smith McGee Bridge up to the dam. Any action there?

Fished 2 times last week and caught 22 striper on Hartwell. It was the best luck I have had yet. Can't go again till Thursday, I have too much to do this week. I hate school.