Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Hartwell Rockfish

Hate tamie ducks but loooooove them tamie stripers...

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Originally posted by JABIII:

Is anyone here familier enough with striper fishing to talk about it without having to wade through a bunch of Bogsterisms?
    Jonnhy whats that supposed to mean??
    I don't know a thing about fishing on Hartwell.
    Are you saying you think I'm full of shit??

uhhhh....You want a peice a' me?....Are you sayin you want a peice a' me?? [img]graemlins/ninja.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/moon2.gif[/img]
    I'll take you on any day see, anyday of the week [img]graemlins/crotchkick.gif[/img]
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

SCTIMBER Coots

Bogsterisms [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img] damn sounds like a disease or something

Buoy T 14

Heard from a guide yesterday that they are around the banks right now and are biting artificial lures. He has not started using live bait yet.

Grew up fishing Santee (born in Sumter) and attended Clemson from 95 to 99. The fishing up there is a little different than what you are used to Jab, but I think it is easier. On Hartwell I have seen some of the biggest schools in my life. Much bigger than anything on Santee. Up there we would slow troll live herring, almost like offshore fishing. With five to six rods. That is how the big ones are caught, but it is a blast when a school the size of two football fields surrounds the boat and you jump on them with topwater plugs.

I would recommend going with a guide a couple times just to get your bearings then have at it. A free hint is to keep a pool cue in the boat and tap the bottom of the boat while trolling, it seems to make them rise. A tip I learned from a guide up there.

Best time of my life was summer school up there, drinking cold beer at the Esso and hitting the lakes with Bikini clad co-eds while catching rock fish!

beatin on the boat? that sounds like Captain Hughey on lake murray, does he guide up there as well?

fished with the wife a couple of years ago on clarks hill and saw a poor sap with a guide that beat the crap out of his boat with a paddle. the guide would sling out herring like a rapala and then start beating his boat again. never saw them reel in a fish up till we left with our limit
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    H. L. Mencken