Thread: Congaree

Anybody know what the Congaree is looking like between Rosewood and Eastman? Heading out tomorrow afternoon.
    You can take a boy out of ole Dixieland, lord, but you\'ll never take ole Dixie from a boy

It's kind of wide and brown. [img]graemlins/fu.gif[/img]

I grew up fishing that area and never get a chance to get up there anymore. There are a couple of sandbars that we could wear the big rockfish out on chunking creek chubs and striper swipers.

There is nothing quite as cool as dragging a 20 pound rock up on the bar after fighting her in that current...

Depends on the water level.

Ha, no kiddin. That's what I was asking, sorry I wasn't specific enough. What is the water level/color/flow. Thanks
    You can take a boy out of ole Dixieland, lord, but you\'ll never take ole Dixie from a boy

Originally posted by GreencoHC:
    Ha, no kiddin. That's what I was asking, sorry I wasn't specific enough. What is the water level/color/flow. Thanks
    The water is highish, greenish and fastish... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

As the West Cola river rats would say.......It's blown out

Sandbar Sun after lunch will have some cold ones knocked back plus some friendly games of horseshoes thrown
    More fuel = more boost!!

KRT - aren't you one of those river rodents?

Fished an hour today until severe t-storm warnings were called in. Only one fish caught 1/4 mile past the sandbar measuring 16 inches. Most likely will be back on sunday. We might stop by to crack one with you sunday KRT. Look for the 15 ft. triton carrying 3 intoxicated individuals, a bucket of KFC, and hopefully a few 20+ inch stripers. The river was close to normal flow, but the wind was ripping between the sandbar and Belle Grove. Can't exactly say the fishing is great, but it's still worth getting out there.

By the way, thanks for the in depth analysis there Sasha. You contributed greatly to my angling success this afternoon. [img]graemlins/fu.gif[/img]

Just check the streamflow conditions found as a link on this site . Just look for the Congaree river in Columbia . It will give you the average and current depth . Lately , it's been high and really muddy .

Did you catch any fish ?

Green, i'm pretty sure to be down theres sunday on the sandbar as well, we'll be at the first one on the left! I'll be in a green high tide, and if krt's lazy ass takes his boat he'll be in a camp high tide with 40 merc! stop on by and have a good time with us!
    Good to talk, see you out there!

As of right now i am still gona be down there right after church and lunch with grandmama. 15 foot triton with a 25 yamaha. I'll stop by and enjoy some of this nice weather with yall.

Horseshoes anyone?
    More fuel = more boost!!