Thread: little help please

anyone fish murray lately? plan on heading out this weekend, and need all the help i can get.
    i'm most familiar with down lining, but i still suck. [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/Flush.gif[/img]

Just got back and the water is real muddy until you get down to where the 2-rivers meet and that will change. Got a ass load of black bass and 2-keeper rockfish. good luck [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Chase the birds
    She was long and lean every young mans dream

Give Richard at Lake World a call in lexington. He can give you the best reports of whats goin on and where the majority of the fish are! Hope this helps, its a lil early for me to mess with em though!
    Good to talk, see you out there!

thanks fellas.
    gotta get on em before turkey season comes.
    keep suggestions comeing i suck at striper.

slim, once i catch up with the birds, what do i put on the end of my line?

spoon?
    roadrunner?
    bucktail?

what size, color, etc?
    have fished schools with crystal minnows before and done well on small fish.

SW, I dunno if the fish are still gonna be top water but keep the stuff with you just in case, and go get you some zara spooks! you'll thank me when you fish a school with those!
    Good to talk, see you out there!

I haven't been there lately but last year we wore the schoolies (3-5 lb) out on Yo-Zuri topwaters and shallow divers, and a few times they wouldn't touch anything longer than 2", kept a tiny plug tied on that is clear with a small diving lip, runs about 2' deep, can't remember the name of it but it looks like a glass minnow. The other hot bait was a Pop-R with a silver flash bucktail, small baits but good fish.Another lesson we learned was that occasionally there would be some NICE fish underneath the schoolies, drop a big silver spoon through the surface action and let it freefall 10'-15 ' and then work it back, might get a nice surprise. Good luck!
    life is unpredictable, fish first, work later