Thread: Osprey Crash

Default Osprey Crash

Even Marines can't be dumb enough to put anything radioactive on an Osprey..

That’s a random rumor to feel the need to denounce.

Hope the crew is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    That’s a random rumor to feel the need to denounce.

Hope the crew is ok.
    Reading 5 Marines were killed. Godspeed to those Americans...

I have no fear of flying. I would be concerned if I knew I had a trip in an Osprey. They have been problem children since the beginning. God's Peace to those great Americans. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Even Marines can't be dumb enough to put anything radioactive on an Osprey..
    I smuggled some onboard a Huey once.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    I have no fear of flying. I would be concerned if I knew I had a trip in an Osprey. They have been problem children since the beginning. God's Peace to those great Americans. MG
    Their safety record has improved a lot. All complex flying systems have growing pains.

Thoughts and prayers are definitely with the families of the crew that lost thier lives.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

A Marine killed in an aircraft crash Wednesday in Imperial County, California was identified as a son of ex-Los Angeles Dodgers great Steve Sax.

Capt. John J. Sax, 33, was one of five Marines killed when their Osprey tiltrotor aircraft went down during a training exercise roughly 20 miles northeast of the city of Holtville.

“It is with heavy hearts that we mourn the loss of five Marines from the Purple Fox family” the squadron’s commanding officer, Lt. Col. John C. Miller, said in a statement, ABC7 Los Angeles reported.

“Our primary mission now is taking care of the family members of our fallen Marines and we respectfully request privacy for their families as they navigate this difficult time.”

The marines, who were based in Camp Pendleton, had been engaging in a live fire exercise in the remote unincorporated community of Glamis.

Sax was the son of ex-Los Angeles Dodgers great Steve Sax.
    John Sax was the son of ex-Los Angeles Dodgers great Steve Sax.

The cause of the accident remains under investigation.

The victim’s dad played in the Major Leagues from 1981 to 1994, winning two world championships during his seven years with the Dodgers. Sax earned the league’s Rookie of the Year award in 1982 and the Silver Slugger Award in 1986

The Hall of Fame candidate also played with the Yankees from 1989-91, and later had brief stints with the Chicago White Sox and Oakland Athletics. Sax was also a five-time All-Star player.

Sax retired from baseball in 1994 and briefly took a swing at politics, launching a campaign for California State Assembly in 1996 as a Republican. He has also made cameo appearances on television from time to time including The Simpsons, Sabrina the Teenager Witch and Hollywood Square. He currently serves an an on air talent for SiriusXM radio.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/11/marine...-flight-crash/