Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hmmmmm…….

No, the pipeline might not have been operational by now, but shutting it down, along with clamping down on new exploration and leases sends a clear message to producers NOT to invest in new production, even as prices rise.

If Trump was magically made President tomorrow, where do y'all believe the gas price would be in one year? I say half what it is right now.

Oil companies are experiencing record profits and have no real desire to increase production.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gas-...-charts-2022-5
    Last edited by JBtflo; 06-07-2022 at 10:54 PM.

Shit rolls down hill. Sleepy joe is at the bottom
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    Oil companies are experiencing record profits and have no real desire to increase production.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gas-...-charts-2022-5
    That’s half the story, the half the Biden administration wants emphasized. Go read that Forbes article I posted.

Trust me, if Biden was actually doing something to bring down gas prices he would be talking about it. At this point his only idea is to release oil from the strategic oil reserves (which has done nothing) and ask the Arabs to increase production (they won't even answer his phone calls).

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    That’s half the story, the half the Biden administration wants emphasized. Go read that Forbes article I posted.
    Dems need an excuse. It is sickening. What about the losses a few years ago. Most commodities are cyclical old says “make hay when the sun is shining”.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    I was being facetious 2thPac
    fun sucker
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Trust me, if Biden was actually doing something to bring down gas prices he would be talking about it. At this point his only idea is to release oil from the strategic oil reserves (which has done nothing) and ask the Arabs to increase production (they won't even answer his phone calls).
    The MSM is spinning for him right now in his recent alleged efforts to help bring down cost. The context of CNN's article is that he is trying to both go green and pull a stop gap measure to bring down gasoline prices, a reversal of direction.

But he doesn't mean tweet. He just sniffs hair and other creepy things. Sharts during an audience with the Pope. I mean, we've all got a shart story but his tops them all.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    No, the pipeline might not have been operational by now, but shutting it down, along with clamping down on new exploration and leases sends a clear message to producers NOT to invest in new production, even as prices rise.
    Those actions create justification for futures to rise and they rise, and rise, and rise. Because the US is a hostile place to do pump, refine, or do anything other than consume oil... Add inflation then the affect the inflated fuel prices have on the economy and inflation is cooking with gas, (pun intended).

Oil is a commodity and commodities are traded, bought, and sold on an open market. If barriers were removed or relaxed to drill and refine in the US then futures prices would plummet as would the prices on the tangible barrels.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Those actions create justification for futures to rise and they rise, and rise, and rise. Because the US is a hostile place to do pump, refine, or do anything other than consume oil... Add inflation then the affect the inflated fuel prices have on the economy and inflation is cooking with gas, (pun intended).

Oil is a commodity and commodities are traded, bought, and sold on an open market. If barriers were removed or relaxed to drill and refine in the US then futures prices would plummet as would the prices on the tangible barrels.
    This guy gets it.

Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023