Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hmmmmm…….

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    Where you finding gas that cheap. I'm in great falls and I saw 4.59.
    QT off 26 in Clinton
    There's a fine line between HARDCORE AND IGNORANCE!

Yeah, federal energy regulatory policy has no bearing on price at the pumps.

It’s like I’m playing cards with my brother’s kids or something.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post

Just wanted to let you know you're sitting in my chair..
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    Fuck Economics 101
    OK. I'll bite.

What policy has led to this increase? Is the war in Ukraine to blame? What policy has led to his "destroying fossil fuels?"

What policy allowed trump to keep the prices down?

While i am sure many of you have come to this conclusion after repeating it over and over in the mirror, trying to use the same sarcastic laugh as Tucker Carlson, what do you actually know about policy and its affect on gas prices? Do they happen that quickly? Surely someone here can explain it to me ?

so, the keystone pipeline was shut down over a year ago? Why the lag in prices going up? If the war in ukraine is to blame, why did the prices rise BEFORE the war?

Supply and demand? Ok. Keep going. We're getting warmer.

I cannot solely blame the sitting president for economic woes. Granted, it will matter at the voting booth, but its far more complicated than just blaming biden and i dislike him as much as the next guy....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post

did the gas tax go up $2.50 in a year?

doesnt the gas price increase mirror inflation? seems to me thats a better "blame" than fed regs.

what federal regulation matters the most? isnt it still a supply issue, not a tax issue.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The only thing that has caused this is an agenda. It's an agenda that this administration & their supporters are all in with. The man said in his campaign that he would get us off of fossil fuels & into electric. He & his admin state today that there is zero they can do to lower prices. Whether gas or products we buy. They'll state that it's not their fault all the while moving forward with their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    so, the keystone pipeline was shut down over a year ago? Why the lag in prices going up?
    Keystone is still operational, with .86 million barrels per day to midwest and gulf and offshore refineries.

For the .86 trillionth time, the proposed Keystone XL spur hasn't been built and wouldn't have been completed yet if Brandon hadn't stopped it when he took office.

I am continually amazed how many educated people are falling for propaganda that targets the dumbest people in our society...

Didn't Biden cut off new leases for oil drilling on public lands a year and a half ago? Wasn't his press secretary that kept telling us we already had a bunch of leases we weren't exploring so they had no plans to approve any new leases on public lands? That might have had something to do with it. Wasn't the Keystone pipeline supposed to allow the flow of like 800k barrels of oil a day to the refineries in the gulf states? Seems like that might have had an impact.

And from what I'm hearing from people inside the oil business, they are telling me environmental regulations are making it more difficult to drill and refine the oil. I know democrats hate big government regulations. They only want to make it easier for big oil to offer fuel at affordable prices.

Simple economics, fuel rises and inflation follows due to cost to ship goods and services. Somebody didn't take that class in school
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Simple economics, fuel rises and inflation follows due to cost to ship goods and services. Somebody didn't take that class in school
    The increased demand coming out of Covid lockdowns played a big part in the price.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 06-07-2022 at 04:08 PM.

So, how many here are buying less gas and diesel than you were a year ago?

I am not, just paying double for it.

This equation we are attempting to solve has more variables than I know. Energy costs impact inflation rates and vice versa. Paying people not to work drives inflation. Labor shortages drive wages up. Supply of goods remain fixed due to labor shortages and stagnant production output. Higher wages lead to more spending for the same number of goods produced which drives inflation. Until the pain associated with higher prices dampens the spirit to spend money, inflation is still going up. Who gets hurt the most? Those least able to afford it? I would think so but the .gov is still paying for a large number of those people to live large for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    Just wanted to let you know you're sitting in my chair..
    That a fact?

did the gas tax go up $2.50 in a year?

doesnt the gas price increase mirror inflation? seems to me thats a better "blame" than fed regs.

what federal regulation matters the most? isnt it still a supply issue, not a tax issue.
    Is it inflation or a supply issue? You’ve thrown a handful at darts at my one balloon.

An administration’s emphasis on producing petroleum or limiting petroleum production has a bearing on the pumps, sir.

Do we want increased drilling/oil production and all that goes with it on public lands/waters?

OK. I'll bite.

What policy has led to this increase? Is the war in Ukraine to blame? What policy has led to his "destroying fossil fuels?"

What policy allowed trump to keep the prices down?

While i am sure many of you have come to this conclusion after repeating it over and over in the mirror, trying to use the same sarcastic laugh as Tucker Carlson, what do you actually know about policy and its affect on gas prices? Do they happen that quickly? Surely someone here can explain it to me ?

so, the keystone pipeline was shut down over a year ago? Why the lag in prices going up? If the war in ukraine is to blame, why did the prices rise BEFORE the war?

Supply and demand? Ok. Keep going. We're getting warmer.

I cannot solely blame the sitting president for economic woes. Granted, it will matter at the voting booth, but its far more complicated than just blaming biden and i dislike him as much as the next guy....
    I was being facetious 2thPac
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

FJB
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Do we want increased drilling/oil production and all that goes with it on public lands/waters?
    Of course