Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    That's sorta the point of this thread; I think He DOES consider them the same. Sin is sin.
    I have struggled, with levels of Sin greatly in the past, and maybe some even today. However, I have resolved that God is absolutely sovereign and he will handle it all in Heaven. His Son died for all of our Sins to be forgiven so that we may dwell in His Heavenly Kingdom forever. Sin is in your Worldly being, and there no way around that, we cannot live a perfect life. BUT, all you have to do to be forgiven of your Sin, everyday, is to profess that Jesus is your Savior and you know He died for your Sins.

When you get to the judgement day, and stand before God, all you have to say for what you have done to be in Heaven, is I'm with Him(Jesus). Nothing else required.
    Last edited by SwampDecoy; 05-25-2022 at 10:54 AM.

Amen @SwampDecoy
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    That's sorta the point of this thread; I think He DOES consider them the same. Sin is sin.
    I agree 100%.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

God hates sin...Period

The payment for sin is blood. In the Old Testament it was sacrifice and now it is through the blood of Jesus. Paid in full if you have accepted him as your Lord and Savior.

I think in regards to varying degrees of sin, its more about the consequences of said sin rather than the degree. All sin separates us from God because we are essentially saying "I chose my way and not yours God"

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDecoy View Post
    I have struggled, with levels of Sin greatly in the past, and maybe some even today. However, I have resolved that God is absolutely sovereign and he will handle it all in Heaven. His Son died for all of our Sins to be forgiven so that we may dwell in His Heavenly Kingdom forever. Sin is in your Worldly being, and there no way around that, we cannot live a perfect life. BUT, all you have to do to be forgiven of your Sin, everyday, is to profess that Jesus is your Savior and you know He died for your Sins.

When you get to the judgement day, and stand before God, all you have to say for what you have done to be in Heaven, is I'm with Him(Jesus). Nothing else required.
    Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    God hates sin...Period

The payment for sin is blood. In the Old Testament it was sacrifice and now it is through the blood of Jesus. Paid in full if you have accepted him as your Lord and Savior.

I think in regards to varying degrees of sin, its more about the consequences of said sin rather than the degree. All sin separates us from God because we are essentially saying "I chose my way and not yours God"
    As a similar response to these two, I believe the original question is flawed in itself. To try to reason through or about sin is something that is "worldly" or "of man". I believe the truly important thing is that we repent our sins, any sins, and not the sins themselves. This is what God the Father and Jesus the Son hope for us.
    I sure hope I am right because boy do I have a lot of things in my sealed book I am not proud of and I continue to add chapters daily. My trust lies in the fact I will be forgiven if I ask for forgiveness.