Thread: Humorless...

Default Humorless...

Sons a bitches. Can't even use a Herc to pick up a bike anymore...

“An abuse of government assets” Five Hurricane Hunters disciplined for stop in Martha’s Vineyard

403rd Wing aircrew receive discipline for misuse of WC-130J aircraft
    Better known as the “Hurricane Hunters,” the 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron, 403rd Wing,...

Better known as the “Hurricane Hunters,” the 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron, 403rd Wing, is the only unit in the Department of Defense that flies into tropical storms to gather weather data for National Hurricane Center forecasts, data that satellites can’t collect.(WLOX)

By WLOX Staff

May. 11, 2022

BILOXI, Miss. (WLOX) - A five-member crew from Keesler’s 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron is being disciplined for adding a personal stop to a flight itinerary in order to pick up a crewmember’s motorcycle.

On March 24, the crew left Keesler Air Force Base and landed at Quonset Air National Guard Base in Rhode Island. The next day, unbeknownst to 403rd leadership, the crew added Martha’s Vineyard Airport to the itinerary to retrieve a crewmember’s 1970 BMW R75/5 motorcycle. The crew then continued their mission onto Mather, California, to pick up 403rd Wing equipment that was staged there for atmospheric river mission support.

On March 27, leadership was notified of the stop and they immediately grounded the crew at Mather. Another crew was sent to pick up the aircraft and crew the next day. The motorcycle remains in California.

“Air Force Reserve crews must put in flight training time each month to keep their qualifications, and off-station training achieves valid training requirements,” said Col. Stuart M. Rubio, 403rd Wing commander. “This personal stop was an abuse of government assets. We hold our reservists to the highest standards of conduct and these actions are not tolerated.”

All aircrew members were downgraded on crew qualifications and administrative actions have been served.

Better known as the “Hurricane Hunters,” the 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron, 403rd Wing, is the only unit in the Department of Defense that flies into tropical storms to gather weather data for National Hurricane Center forecasts, data that satellites can’t collect. During the winter months, they fly winter storms on the East Coast and atmospheric rivers, massive bands of moisture that cause huge amounts of rainfall and flooding, on the West Coast to improve forecasts.

To accomplish these missions, the unit deploys to various locations to get closer to these weather systems; thus, aircrews go to various locations to train and operate and these locations are chosen based on training value.

Want more WLOX news in your inbox? Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.

Copyright 2022 WLOX. All rights reserved.

https://www.wlox.com/2022/05/11/an-a...thas-vineyard/

I drove a hummer four hours through a rain forest looking for a can of Kodiak. I finally found tobacco in the little Port town near the Columbian border.. they only had shoal, cherry, no shit. I dipped it, but I wasn't happy about it.

I heard of a C-141 pilot that bought a BMW in Germany. He had it in the back of the plane. When coming back over the pond into Dover, the tower mentioned the IG team was there and greeting planes clearing customs. He had the Load Master punch it out the back into the drink. Car vs Career
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

We pulled into Groton several times with interesting things stowed away in the torpedo tubes.

You can hide all kinds of stuff in the air breather of a M109. Or so I was told.....

The 141 BMW incident drove the "if it fits in the side door, we can fly it back. It is amazing what you can fit through the side door of a C-17.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    I heard of a C-141 pilot that bought a BMW in Germany. He had it in the back of the plane. When coming back over the pond into Dover, the tower mentioned the IG team was there and greeting planes clearing customs. He had the Load Master punch it out the back into the drink. Car vs Career
    With every fiber of my being, I hope that is true. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro92 View Post
    The 141 BMW incident drove the "if it fits in the side door, we can fly it back. It is amazing what you can fit through the side door of a C-17.
    There's a couple little hiding spots around the plane for sure. And with 4 "side doors" you can innovative.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I know a guy at the 53rd. I'll have to get the low down from him and see if he was part of that crew.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

He wasn't. But said they're was a LOT of flying experience in that plane. That didn't end well.

They don't play with that. Gov't wastes it, nothing to see here. Service member exhibits anything remotely close to fraud/waste/abuse gets the hammer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]