Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Elites at Santee

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Locals getting in the way of the leader. Any wagers on where they are from?Attachment 73907

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    So Pro Anglers have more right to public resources than the public?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally i would not bass fish when a major was going on. Usually shift over to catfishing so as not to get aggravated by those guys as they can be ass holes. Sitting on a ledge anchored and fishing and here comes Jason Quinn right in the middle of our lines (at 60 mph) which we were trying to reel in so he could fish unhampered but never got the chance.
    Last edited by centurian; 03-18-2022 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flopduster View Post

If they want a 'private' event with no local/outside anglers around, then they should build their own lake to host tournaments on.

Absolutely not. That being said if you see a person fishing a spot you don’t cut them off or get that close. Respect on the water is almost non existent these days.

Which is worse, pro bass fishermen or jet skiers? (not the kind that get shot in march)
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Those boys fish 2 times a week. I talked to them last week at Alex Harvin. The Pros have 4 days,...they have 361 to fish if they have some class.

Wateree is 1 hour from Sumter and Lake Murray is not much further. Why not fish there or a private pond for a day or so?

If you go in and fish within 50 yards from a pro during a Bassmater event,...you are an asshole.

Last edited by Catdaddy; 03-18-2022 at 06:01 PM.

An SCDUCKS tournament would be something! Someone needs to organize it

Quote Originally Posted by fowlshot View Post
    An SCDUCKS tournament would be something! Someone needs to organize it
    I think they had one years ago and 2th Doc won.

Those boys fish 2 times a week. I talked to them last week at Alex Harvin. The Pros have 4 days,...they have 361 to fish if they have some class.

Wateree is 1 hour from Sumter and Lake Murray is not much further. Why not fish there or a private pond for a day or so?

If you go in and fish within 50 yards from a pro during a Bassmater event,...you are an asshole.

Amen. Makes us look like assholes, too. One angler at the weigh in said some lady broke a window out of her house to yell at him and got in a boat to chase him away from her dock. The way he told it was entertaining, but not a good look for us on TV.
    Last edited by wob; 03-18-2022 at 06:29 PM.

Us?

God bless her. I hope they air it on CNN. Hell, run it on a loop north of the state line…..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

That bitch broke the law as it’s illegal to harass. Where is the DNR in this situation ?
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Us?

God bless her. I hope they air it on CNN. Hell, run it on a loop north of the state line…..
    Sorry. Us clarendon county folks.

Probably happened across the river, though. Heathens over there.
    Last edited by wob; 03-18-2022 at 07:32 PM.

Pro schmo

What if that’s the only day I have off to fish? That make a difference?
    I mean, it’s ok to fish within 50 yards of another rec angler

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I'm no BASS expert, but from what I have observed, it is much more about the "procedure" side of catching bass than the "art" of it. Most of the pros are super obsessive and live and breath only bass fishing. Most people don't have the personality or drive to do what it takes to consistently catch fish. So my point is that if you were willing to sacrifice everything and only focus on bass fishing, you could probably be on tour. You may never be Kevin Van Dam or one of the top guys, but you could compete. I fully believe most everything regarding catching bass can be learned. That is not true for most other sports. For whatever reason, my arm can't throw a 95 mph fastball.
    Incredibly inaccurate

Some of you guys have a very skewed idea of what competitive bass fishing is and how tough it can be. I’m talking about anything above your grassroots local club stuff. I travel pretty much all over the country just fun fishing on the kayak bass fishing trails and if you think even having two weeks to prefish makes you a shoe in to win then you are WAY off the mark!! In fact at most of the big events that I attend it’s rarely a local guy that wins. It’s mostly the same folks at the top of the leaderboard at each event. Hell, a buddy of mine flew into Florida from Texas to see his girlfriend at the KBF event on Kissimmee and ended up borrowing a kayak and gear, had no practice, and still went out and won the event. He’s always at the top of the standings regardless of whether or not we are in Florida, Texas, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, or any where else there’s an event. Some people are just that good.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Agreed 100%…hated to see that! They knew what they were doing. It was just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    And Bunn won't take me fishing, no matter how many times I ask. What place is Inky in?
    He’s at the front of the boat telling everyone how much better he is than the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Ghost View Post
    He’s at the front of the boat telling everyone how much better he is than the pros.

Shouldn't you and your buddies be doing safety checks somewhere and harassing folks?

Shouldn't you and your buddies be doing safety checks somewhere and harassing folks?

1. I’m not DNR
    2. Visor knows I’m talking about Inky. And if you know him, you know I’m speaking the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Ghost View Post
    1. I’m not DNR
    2. Visor knows I’m talking about Inky. And if you know him, you know I’m speaking the truth

K,...I apologize....I thought you were referring to me. I am staying out of their way at home.

Last edited by Catdaddy; 03-20-2022 at 11:20 AM.