Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Bottom Trip

Default Quick Bottom Trip

Left outta St. John's around 8:30. Ran about thirty miles off through a confused sea. Attempted to deploy the Rhodan, but no go in 3-5's at 6 seconds. Found the usual suspects, including first offshore [trip and] fish for Cort, while his father couldn't shake the seasickness all day. Cruised back in at 45mph through 2-3's. The end.

IMG_2100.jpg

DF64EECF-5F9F-4F41-A398-2D457FFB4D80 (1).jpg

13876BEC-F537-4993-A72A-705DA0CBA428.jpg
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

And that ARS was easily over 20#; the pic doesn't do it justice.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Oh, and another shout-out to Thunderchicken for the dope visor.

good stuff
    and HBD to tc

and congrats, again, on the Freeman
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Glad to see you are making time to enjoy the new boat

I got gas money…just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gimme dem BSB'es
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Gimme dem BSB'es
    So underrated in my opinion. We use them and the b-liners for ceviche. Trigger is fire, too.

It's been a hot minute since I had any fresh. Damned fine eating.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    So underrated in my opinion. We use them and the b-liners for ceviche. Trigger is fire, too.
    Triggerfish>BSB

Trigger blows BSB out of water. I've said it many times in March and April that a 20in bsb is almost as good as scamp.

Then scamp opens and I retract that statement.

Fun trip, I'm ready to get on some fish soon.

I'd take the BSB over any of em including grouper. They just aren't as fun to catch.

^^^ or clean.

I love a good grocery run.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    ^^^ or clean.
    Cake. My first real job that wasnt family (at the motel, or tobacco field) was cutting fish for the headboats in NMB. They're cake, but your hands get chewed up.

I'll have some blackened, please.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I'll have some blackened, please.
    Racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Racist.
    It’s only racist if you don’t like it.

"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

BSB are a piece of cake to filet. Caught so many triggers last year I got tired of cleaning and eating them. I cut it off at 35 per trip. Scamp is fine eating but a BSB filet fried in Panko breading is like heaven on a plate. Throw in some collard greens and saffron rice and I’ll eat until I’m sick.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Cake. My first real job that wasnt family (at the motel, or tobacco field) was cutting fish for the headboats in NMB. They're cake, but your hands get chewed up.
    I can hold my own; I'd just rather steak out a BFT or a big dolphin than a 12" fish is all.