Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick Bottom Trip

Before alot of you offshore boys were born Grouper was considered a trash fish by many and had to give them away. Just sayin
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I think you’re referring to amberjack old timer ….
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

^This

Sticker, and others who know their stuff:

I don't care what y'all say. Donkey AIN"T a bad-eating fish. We give nearly all of 'em a pass, but donkey is a decent, firm white meat. Lotta people don't mess with it because their uncle Bobba said not to mess with it; I'm telling you, it's okay to mess with. Rant over.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post

I don't care what y'all say. Donkey AIN"T a bad-eating fish. We give nearly all of 'em a pass, but donkey is a decent, firm white meat. Lotta people don't mess with it because their uncle Bobba said not to mess with it; I'm telling you, it's okay to mess with. Rant over.
    I’ve had it, it’s edible. I’ve picked Rice Krispies out of them for others as well. Of course I’ve picked them out of tons of KM’s and other grouper too.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Right on, Mark. The worms are grossly overrated, in my opinion. Just cut off/out the tail meat. That's where they usually are.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

not sure what this makes me, but i'll eat all the shit yall dont think is good.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You're either a ghetto black, a redneck white, an Asian, or a soccer player.

i've been called much worse...

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    not sure what this makes me, but i'll eat all the shit yall dont think is good.
    You could come fight Hop Sing at Georgetown Landing for the carcasses in the gut bucket.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Pride View Post
    I think you’re referring to amberjack old timer ….
    Nope before my time that is what they were saying.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

You're not wrong. They don't have worms in the gulf and the eat and freeze well.

hop sing makes a mean fish chowder

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    You could come fight Hop Sing at Georgetown Landing for the carcasses in the gut bucket.
    You best be quick though. He gets 'em before the gills quit moving.

I've eaten it. It's not bad. A lot of the "grouper" folks order in the restaurants are really AJ and they dont know the difference. I'll double down and say that most people couldnt tell one from the other in a blindfold pepsi challenge.

Fish heads make great stock for stews. One of my country black buddies get all pissy when I throw my catfish heads away.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I didn't rise to the top of the food chain to eat shit...

If after a day of fishing, I had nothing to put on the grill or in a Crisco bath other than AJ, I would take up soccer.

There's alot of stuff thats "not bad to eat"... a Sirloin is not bad, but for the sake of Pete, it's literally sitting right next to the Ribeyes at the store.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 03-08-2022 at 10:45 AM.

I hear sailfish is spectacular.

Spearfish are even better than sailfish.
    DILLIGAF