Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fancy" steakhouse

Sigh...I do not....

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    I was upset that at redbone the other night they charged me $6 for a side salad and the shrimp tacos tasted like the the runoff grease bucket on a pig cooker
    redbone aint worth nowhere near what they charge, and its on my do not eat there list. They've also had a "c" rating from scdhec before. It takes a lot to get less than "b"..... something to think about

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    redbone aint worth nowhere near what they charge, and its on my do not eat there list. They've also had a "c" rating from scdhec before. It takes a lot to get less than "b"..... something to think about
    I use to frequent there but I've also quit going. Service and food aint' what it used to be.

You are the 1st person that I’ve heard of complain about the Peddler.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakey View Post
    So I went to a "fancy" steak house here in Spartanburg the other night for the first time in a while. The waiter asked if I would like some sautéed mushrooms to go with my steak. I said, "sure, I'll have some." He brings me a bowl out and I ate two or three, not thinking much of it. I got my bill and discovered that they charged me NINE DOLLARS for a bowl of mushrooms! Steak was par at best, potato was decent and the salad was the highlight of the meal. Rant over.
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Do they still have smoked oysters on the salad bar?
    Low country redneck who moved north

I'm not sure. They were out of Blanton's though.
    I had Blantons with my shrimp po boy last week- it was nice to go to a casual restaurant with an extensive bourbon selection

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Do they still have smoked oysters on the salad bar?
    They don't have the salad bar anymore. You have to fill out a card telling them what you want on it.

CantCareBS, the food wasn't bad, but my personal opinion is that it wasn't worth $170. I'm not a fancy restaurant connoisseur, so maybe that's normal.

They don't have the salad bar anymore. You have to fill out a card telling them what you want on it.

CantCareBS, the food wasn't bad, but my personal opinion is that it wasn't worth $170. I'm not a fancy restaurant connoisseur, so maybe that's normal.
    If that's the case the Spartanburg Peddler SUCKS. I know they are independently owned, but the one in Greenville opened the salad bar about 8 months ago and had been packed ever since.

y'all are discussing a "fine dining" restaurant that contains a "salad bar"? gracious

Would running out of ranch or Blanton's cause a bigger stir?

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    y'all are discussing a "fine dining" restaurant that contains a "salad bar"? gracious
    Come visit me in Greenville. I'll be glad to treat you.

Would running out of ranch or Blanton's cause a bigger stir?
    Probably running out of chocolate at the dippin' fountain would set them off.

It's a pretty rare thing for me to leave this county..

it's not y'alls fault that today is a slow day in my industry and this is one of the rare threads that does not contain covid bullshit or politics..

It's a pretty rare thing for me to leave this county..
    Well be rare and come visit...

it's not y'alls fault that today is a slow day in my industry and this is one of the rare threads that does not contain covid bullshit or politics..
    it's the first part of the month.... all them checks are out, liquor stores are usually slammed

typically first of the month, and third of the month will hit before a holiday, if the holiday or weekend messes them up. Monday's are normally busy here at my main store, wholesale orders, dealing with caterers, and retail, things of that nature. But today being the first of the year, with two long weeks, there will be a slow down for a couple days. my people have only dealt with three bar orders, I had one wedding return, and one planned out for this weekend. Plus all of my end of the year buying has taken care of most of the salemen misc I would be working on, I probably would have thought about walking out if I had a full staff today..
    Last edited by Highstrung; 01-03-2022 at 05:22 PM.

Or dog hunters

The Peddler in Florence and at South of the Border have always been on time when we have gone. The one in Florence is a little “fancier” than the one at South of the Border as far as atmosphere goes, but the food is good at both. I also have to agree with Highstrung as far as the salad bars go, but I don’t worry about that kind of stuff. I just like to eat at places where the food tastes good.

I’m about to take my wife to a really nice restaurant for our anniversary. I don’t anticipate there being a salad bar.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands