Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Commercialization of Waterfowl Good for Duck Hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    This phenomenon is not exclusive to waterfowl.
    And agree or not, social media has brought down this house of cards.
    Spot on Cali
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by cat III View Post
    People need to how to fish on their own and not have someone hold their hand
    many reasons why you’d fish with a guide beyond having no idea how to fish or needing your hand held.

The market dictates the carry capacity of guides more so than the resource both hunting and fishing. Due to the nature of private property it is easier to create demand with hunting.
    Last edited by SouthernWake; 12-10-2021 at 07:49 PM.

Paying a guide is like paying a pimp.

I have cut down hunting my holes to twice a year.

I just need more holes.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

We all need more holes

I believe much of the issues with hunting and fishing is that outdoorsmen are not united and instead the interest lies only in his or her own turf. a group of duck hunters fight for the preservation of duck hunting, inshore fishermen (typically the sight fisherman) fight for the red-fishery, commercial group for commercial fishery, and so on. To ever have the political mite a large organization of diverse interest as a collective need to fight for the each and every game and fishery for the recreational sportsman. The political power is in the numbers, we should also be vocal about laws and issues that affect even issues outside of our main interest in return our own “turf” will have a fighting chance.
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 12-10-2021 at 08:09 PM.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

I’ve watched waterfowl become a profitable commodity in my lifetime.

The fall of the Atlantic Flyway was the start of it all.

We pushed a tad west toward Arkansas, laying the ground work for guided duck hunts and outfitters.

Non duck hunters that wanted to be duck hunters created the market for guides in the Midwest (and now the west.)

Those same people who never really loved waterfowl or strived to become good hunters the hard way were quick to spout off at the mouth about the ease of killing out west.

That created the market.

Man’s need for recognition was the downfall of what we love.

From JABIII’s “duck tour 2002” posts to this years upcoming “whacked em in Kansas” posts…

We did this to ourselves.

Now every piece of land a duck dry feeds in is leased up in March the year before.
    Every river, creek, or public marsh’s winter survey numbers are posted online for the masses.
    Every state has a YouTube video by DUTV hilighting the areas that you need to know about if you wanna hunt that area.

I can say with a clean conscience I had no part in it.

To the rest of y’all………………..job well done.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Bunch of hurt feelings up in here tonight.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

There are between 1 and 2 million duck hunters in the US...there are 600,000 canvasbacks...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I’ve watched waterfowl become a profitable commodity in my lifetime.

The fall of the Atlantic Flyway was the start of it all.

We pushed a tad west toward Arkansas, laying the ground work for guided duck hunts and outfitters.

Non duck hunters that wanted to be duck hunters created the market for guides in the Midwest (and now the west.)

Those same people who never really loved waterfowl or strived to become good hunters the hard way were quick to spout off at the mouth about the ease of killing out west.

That created the market.

Man’s need for recognition was the downfall of what we love.

From JABIII’s “duck tour 2002” posts to this years upcoming “whacked em in Kansas” posts…

We did this to ourselves.

Now every piece of land a duck dry feeds in is leased up in March the year before.
    Every river, creek, or public marsh’s winter survey numbers are posted online for the masses.
    Every state has a YouTube video by DUTV hilighting the areas that you need to know about if you wanna hunt that area.

I can say with a clean conscience I had no part in it.

To the rest of y’all………………..job well done.
    I can very distinctly remember being bothered by some of your post about hunting on Lake Okeechobee and the STAs due to family living in that area when I lived in south Florida … that was around the time I began seeing more and more scducks people discuss OOS trips there. Maybe you had no role but……
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by cat III View Post
    We all need more holes
    So, are you a charter captain for hire or not?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by joeydpga View Post
    Bunch of hurt feelings up in here tonight.
    Commercialization of duck hunting has ruined duck hunting.

That hurts my feelings.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    I can very distinctly remember being bothered by some of your post about hunting on Lake Okeechobee and the STAs due to family living in that area when I lived in south Florida … that was around the time I began seeing more and more scducks people discuss OOS trips there. Maybe you had no role but……
    Please share the link when you have time. I would like to read them.

No i’am not a guide, but you sure sound like one.

An individual search only goes back 500 post.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

― Henry David Thoreau

I wish there were more mentors to take young kids hunting. Learning the proper ways to hunt, traditions, and how to be stewards for the land and resources. Might have more people worshiping the creator then his creation.

I just can’t see how outfitters have ruined hunting. We have less hunters these days and less land to hunt on. Just my opinion.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    I mean, your registered email for the site has the word "captain" preceding your first name. Pot meet kettle?
    Maybe he is a commercial pilot? Wild guess.

I agree Joey. There were over 2 million federal duck stamps a year sold for the entire decade of the 70’s. There were just over 1.5 million sold last year. It’s not more duck hunters. It’s a combination of social media attention whores and an entire generation of wanna be duck commanders that have no idea how to duck hunt other than what they’ve seen on television……
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

He may be.....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I agree Joey. There were over 2 million federal duck stamps a year sold for the entire decade of the 70’s. There were just over 1.5 million sold last year. It’s not more duck hunters. It’s a combination of social media attention whores and an entire generation of wanna be duck commanders that have no idea how to duck hunt other than what they’ve seen on television……
    The social media thing is huge..... It's disastrous for our way of life, on land and water.