Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Commercialization of Waterfowl Good for Duck Hunting?

Default Is the Commercialization of Waterfowl Good for Duck Hunting?

https://www.outdoorlife.com/hunting/...-waterfowling/

Interesting article that sums up the affects of the commercialization of waterfowling in America. Those of us who have heeded the call to "go West" for ducks are feeling these impacts now.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I hate to say to theyre right…you got to pay to play.ill go be poor somewhere else and shoot crows instead.

Some people don't pay to play out of principal, not poverty.

The more people that have to go west to kill birds, the better for us poor folk who gotta scratch around for a wood duck or two around here.
    867-5309

I’am with you Paul , outfitting for waterfowl and inshore fishing has ruined it for the individual sportsman.

The re-commericalization of waterfowling is the start of the end. George Bird Grinnell stopped the first commericalization of waterfowling, politics may be too strong to stop the second commericalization, though.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I do know that on the coast of NC if you want to kill birds you have to pay a guide. No matter how good your skills or equipment are, you can't compete with the bait and the wardens don't give a crap.
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"

Quote Originally Posted by Downeast View Post
    I do know that on the coast of NC if you want to kill birds you have to pay a guide. No matter how good your skills or equipment are, you can't compete with the bait and the wardens don't give a crap.
    That and the 500 yard from a blind rule. That blew my mind when we went out there. Outfitters building blinds they never plan to hunt, just to keep others out of an area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

This phenomenon is not exclusive to waterfowl.
    And agree or not, social media has brought down this house of cards.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by cat III View Post
    I’am with you Paul , outfitting for waterfowl and inshore fishing has ruined it for the individual sportsman.
    Can you elaborate on the inshore fishing part?

Like everything else in the world, the divide between haves and have nots is more in your face then ever.

In Canada, you can not lease a property from a landowner. Can’t fault someone for trying to make a living.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Every day human population and urban development increases, while duck numbers significantly decrease. Every season from here on out will be worse than the previous. If you love the sport you best be finding places buy, and preserve habitat that may hold birds the next generation. I seriously doubt our grandkids will experience a real duck hunt in a natural setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    This phenomenon is not exclusive to waterfowl.
    And agree or not, social media has brought down this house of cards.
    I believe ultimately, social media will be the catalyst that starts the second civil war. It can also be blamed on a lot things that are wrong in todays society.

Beaufort county is overrun with guides

The resource can’t stand the pressure when comes to fishing in the low country

Quote Originally Posted by cat III View Post
    Beaufort county is overrun with guides
    There are guides but overrun.... Bullshit.
    There is more water than land in the county.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

People need to how to fish on their own and not have someone hold their hand

Are you a charter captain?

I mean, your registered email for the site has the word "captain" preceding your first name. Pot meet kettle?