Thread: DIY Mottled duck decoys

Default DIY Mottled duck decoys

Took a few old decoys and turned them into mottled ducks. Nothing spectacular but should work. May get a dark brown and color the backs up a little bit just for a little more detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.- Genesis 27:3

They’ll work just fine.

Paint your self some hens and pair them a good distance off from your spread.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Here’s some Homer mottleds I did over the summer. I’ll take a pic of the hens.

Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

[QUOTE=BOGSTER;2937328]

Here’s some Homer mottleds I did over the summer. I’ll take a pic of the hens.

Did you just use black for the body and draw the brown to break the color up? Also how did you pepper the face?
    Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.- Genesis 27:3

Ive shot plenty of mottleds over just regular black duck decoys.... but don't tell anybody
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Me too tman!
    I just had a few extra decoys and decided to do em.

Dalton - I flocked em brown then hand painted on the highlights.

The heads were spray painted tan, then ticked with a black sharpie.

I don’t doubt that at all, I just figured I would give it a shot and paint my own instead of spending $60+ on 6.

Wonder how a sharp would work on plastic style heads, with them not being smooth.

Hell just try one, if you screw it up, spray it back tan and start over.