Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Processors full every where

Not to mention the times spent with your son doing the little things like processing a deer are invaluable. Don’t get too “career driven” or “busy” to do the little things with your kids. That’s what make lasting memories. Dropping their deer off at the processors so you can get back to watch the game, go out with your friends, or get back to work is not helping them. Now and days kids go home and play on their phones and games. Get them away from that shit and teach them some things. That time spent together I’d great father son bonding time.

So are we upset or not upset I am confused? Maybe someone could have volunteered to help the guy out and bring the deer to their place and show him? I have not set up my skinning rack at my new house yet or I would be all for it. You can bet someone had to take the time to teach all the people here. Drop it off at a processor or don't I dont care as long as you are apart of the hunting community. You can always learn something new but not many go from anit-hunter to hunter so you do you.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I know several professional well off men who have really introverted weird sons because they spend no time with them. I know of 2 professional, career driven, well of men who have had their sons die from overdosing on drugs. I guarantee you they now wish they had spent more time with their kids.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I take all my deer to the processor and don’t give one single fuck what any of you think about it…..
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    Never taken a deer to a processor myself. Always skin my own, and process my own. We have a cooler at the club house. I worked in a packing house in high school and through college so there is not to much to learn about the process. Actually now days it is all boneless when it leaves the club and after lunch on Saturday I may bone out several deer for others. It only take a few minutes. Several in the club use processor between Winnsboro and Chester (don't know the name) but said most in the area were closed due to labor shortage. I would like to buy a cuber but a real cuber is pretty expensive. I have a grinder but don't particularly like ground deer. It is easier and more convenient for most to take to a processor. I am a tight wad and would not pay a processor fee for a truck load of deer meat.
    If you figure out the name of that processor between Winnsboro and Chester, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I know several professional well off men who have really introverted weird sons because they spend no time with them. I know of 2 professional, career driven, well of men who have had their sons die from overdosing on drugs. I guarantee you they now wish they had spent more time with their kids.
    If only they’d skinned deer with them. Shameful what happens when don’t skin deer with your kids. You can spend all the time in the world with them. Have them on the tractor planting food plots, have them helping you clear stands, sit in the stands with them; but if you don’t clean a deer with them you may as well forget about any hopes of normalcy. Sad, really sad.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

I'm looking for a processor that sells drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    If you figure out the name of that processor between Winnsboro and Chester, please let me know.
    I will call and get you the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    Rabbit talking out his ass again. My daddy never taught me how to clean a dear and I'm still here 61 years later.

I'm looking for a drug dealer that can process a deer

If you can’t process your own deer if you have too it’s pretty damn sad…I don’t give a sh$@ what anybody says….
    \"Saved by the Grace of God\"

I'm 57 and killed my first deer when I was 12...I've processed deer myself. I don't intend to do it again unless I have to. It's the time-versus-money thing for me. The $120 for getting a deer processed is the greatest value left in America. I support our local economies.

Dad made sure to show his two grandsons how to process their own deer. He still does one every year, usually a morning doe, just because he's both hard-headed and retired...he also uses water instead of Windex.

We had a 'fridge in the garage with the shelves removed and hooks on top that was the Deer Fridge where we'd hang quarters...we took it to the dump 15 years ago.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I take all my deer to the processor and don’t give one single fuck what any of you think about it…..
    I don’t think anyone on this thread is faulting anyone for using a processor. They are more so dumbfounded that people go deer hunting and do not have the ability or skills to gut and quarter their own deer if a processor is not available

You people have a lot of rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    You people have a lot of rules.
    Yep...I take my dog to a vet and my deer to a processor...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

OOS quarter deer are illegal intNC and Tennessee. Deer be deboned and labeled. CWD rules he changed a bunch of things.

I have all the stuff to clean and process but my time is more valuable. Yet I still think a Hunter or fishermen should know how to at least clean what they kill or catch.

Only gripe I got was two different processors have guys there that refused to help a female out by cleaning a deer at a deer processing facility.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Where did the op say he couldn't process the deer. A lot of assumptions being made. Mostly from the same camp that is "you do you and I'll do me" crowd. I swear.

And backwoods in Chester was jumping last night. They had tons of help. I slow rolled by and kicked mine of the truck and kept going.

I also drove my golf cart in
    Sat in a ladder stand with no harness
    Used a can call
    Had a dip while I sat
    If only I had corn out I would have completed the list of cardinal deer hunting sins
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Only gripe I got was two different processors have guys there that refused to help a female out by cleaning a deer at a deer processing facility.
    Was she trying to get said cleaning pro bono? A processors place of business is not the place to obtain learning how to clean a deer. Those guys are skinning to make money. They are not there to teach anyone. They are there to make money, not help people out.

Why would a female be at a processors by themselves needing someone to help them skin their deer? Where was her daddy or baby daddy? Sounds like she doesn’t have the family support she needs.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 10-25-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Not trying to get anything for free. Read my first post.
    Low country redneck who moved north