Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Processors full every where

Default Processors full every where

Going to sit in stand near the house this afternoon but from what I am seeing all the local processors are full (harpers does not take them in on Sunday )

Used new processor near the farm last Sunday evening , pulled the trigger and had no idea where to take it. I know they all have hard time getting help

Went to new processor off Hwy 29 S near Hartwell Dam, Generostee Creek Meats. They took 8-9 last Sunday night and said they were full till Wednesday , last night the posted full again

When we go to Illinois we have had them quarter the deer up and bring it back and if we have enough time the processor will handle it for us. But getting to where now I almost hate to shoot something , if I do it will be a good one

Had 3 people text me this afternoon asking what to do if they pull the trigger

I assume just qtr them up and put in a big cooler with ice??? And keep meat dry ??

Lot of processors in the upstate closed due to no help.

Default Processors full every where

If you don’t know how to take care of one yourself then your just in it for the kill (ETA: and the FB/IG/etc bullshit…) and need to stay home and watch football.

Corn piles are to blame for this shit. Anyone that decides they want to “deer hunt” can be sitting in a buddies condo stand staring at a pile of corn and kill their first deer before lunch.

“Hey, bo, what am I gonna do with it if I kill one?”. Jesus.
    Last edited by Tater; 10-24-2021 at 03:41 PM.

I'm mainly in it for the horns

Took one last night. They were to the point of turning people away when I got there. I believe there are 14 processors in the Oburg area that are not taking deer right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I'm mainly in it for the horns
    Well, they are an aphrodisiac

What is wrong with you people. Just damn

Had a female friend shoot one last weekend. She went to Rack Shack on 56 in Spurg. They turned her away. She called TrailsEnd in Gaffney, said have it here by 915. She got there before then and they told her they were full. So she calls me asking what to do, I'm 4 hrs away hunting. I said ask them if they will just skin it for you, gut, and quarter, you'll take deer with you. Gaffney dude told her boss lady said no more, he couldn't help her. So I personally called the Rack Shack and asked could they skin and gut it for her. Now this is where I about lost it, guy says they have no skinners there and he was sorry he couldn't help her. I almost asked what the fuck are you, the secretary? Well she finally called I think American in Laurens and they said bring it, they would be there. She got there after 10 and they were happy to take it. She also getting them to mount it. Anybody know anything about their taxidermy work? She was almost in tears but she did vow this wouldn't happen again and I would show her how to clean the next one.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Had a female friend shoot one last weekend. She went to Rack Shack on 56 in Spurg. They turned her away. She called TrailsEnd in Gaffney, said have it here by 915. She got there before then and they told her they were full. So she calls me asking what to do, I'm 4 hrs away hunting. I said ask them if they will just skin it for you, gut, and quarter, you'll take deer with you. Gaffney dude told her boss lady said no more, he couldn't help her. So I personally called the Rack Shack and asked could they skin and gut it for her. Now this is where I about lost it, guy says they have no skinners there and he was sorry he couldn't help her. I almost asked what the fuck are you, the secretary? Well she finally called I think American in Laurens and they said bring it, they would be there. She got there after 10 and they were happy to take it. She also getting them to mount it. Anybody know anything about their taxidermy work? She was almost in tears but she did vow this wouldn't happen again and I would show her how to clean the next one.

Bill does very good taxidermy work. She will be happy with her mount from him
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

If you are hunting and don’t know how to take care of a deer you need to fucking check yourself. I know processors are convenient but if all else fails, take it home, skin it, quarter it up, and put it on ice. If you don’t have your own grinder, cuber, paper, etc, get it. You can always debone yourself own meat and take it to process for final steps. Basic concepts are lost these days. If your phone dies, know how to read a map and a compass. If you don’t have a calculator, you need to know how to do math manually. Who is raising these “hunters”? Oh yeah, the same piece of shit boomers who talk trash about the younger generation but they failed as parents to train the appropriately.

Last edited by whitty; 10-24-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Those 3 people that text you asking you what they needed to do if they killed one should have been sent home

Exactly.

I know a processor is convenient but I really don’t understand how ppl don’t have a grinder and vacuum sealer at home if they kill 3-4 plus deer a year. (I get it for sausage sticks and the harder to make stuff)

Everyone should understand how to gut and quarter a deer before they rely on others. Aging in a cooler and just doing basic cuts is still very easy and does not require a grinder etc

Sad day.

You don't need a grinder to process a deer at home.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 10-24-2021 at 05:49 PM.

Buy your husband these items.

2 things come to mind:
    1) Part of this is because of hunting shows. You see them go out, sit in a high dollar stand, and pick from a herd of deer on a ranch. Then these "hunters" drop dead deer off at processor and go back to the bunkhouse and enjoy a cup of coffee or a shot of liquor while bragging about how great a hunt that was. (Define Heybo)
    2) This is why 3/4 of the population will die when the grid goes down.

Preach it TATER!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

The only time I use a processor is when I want speciality smoked products. I always take one big deer to hickory hills to get their dank ass summer sausage and snack sticks. All the others I do myself. If I really don’t feel like cleaning up the grinder and cuber, I’ll cut the whole deer up in chunks for hash.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 10-24-2021 at 06:14 PM.