Thread: Nuisance Geese

I have a patient that has a nuisance goose problem and wants to contact someone at the DNR about getting rid of them. She says there were 9 last year and she has over 40 this year and they wont go away.

anybody know who to contact at the DNR??
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You gotta be kidding me.

Have them call me. I've got something for their problem
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Depredation Permits
    For further information on permits call 803-734-3609.

Request a permit from any DNR Wildlife Management or Law Enforcement office at no cost to the applicant. These permits are valid for 30 days, and are renewable if additional time is needed to alleviate the problem. Additional permits may be required when dealing with Federally-protected birds. A depredation permit is not required when capturing any nuisance furbearer or squirrel causing property damage within one-hundred yards of a home.

For permits call:

Area Phone Number
    Region 1 - Clemson 864-654-8266
    Region 2 - Florence 843-661-4766
    Region 3 - Columbia 803-734-4303
    Region 4 - Charleston 843-953-9307

The DNR's Furbearer Project also maintains a list of Nuisance Wildlife Control Operators (NWCOs) that can assist property owners with various nuisance wildlife problems for a fee. The List of Nuisance Wildlife Control Operators is provided in the Adobe PDF file format. Adobe� Reader� is required to open the files and is available as a free download from the Adobe� Web site.

geese are in town....or at least in a city limit. the families that live on this little lake thought the geese were cute for a little while, but they have gotten aggressive and there are too many of them.

does the DNR handle this kind of thing? we ARE talking about a federally protected bird, even though they are local, right?

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

These resident nusiance geese are now exempt from Fed. Regs. They will not relocate them. The DNR has a program that will catch them and they will be at the processor within hours and the meat goes to the needy. Make sure they understand that they will die! They did this on the Harbison lakes and have reduced these geese to very small and now wary numbers!

They no longer relocate geese!
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

that's the program i am talking about, but any idea who the contact is over at the DNR??

Will that permit allow me to go shoot them and then carry them to said processor? How do I get in touch with this processor? I got a fella that is gonna let me kill some geeese on a golf course this year. The Home owners Assoc already knows that they will die and do not care one bit
    I love Defenseless Animals... Especially in a good gravy<br /><br />When I wake up in the morning I piss excellence

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

SD - be careful! If one person is feeding one goose - you are guilty!

Toof - call Mr. Shipes!
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

Swampdunkey on a golf course chasing geese!!!!! Caddy Shack all over. The new Bill Murray. Chevy Chase may get another movie out of this.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Well the homeowners Assoc said they dont want them there. We can feed them lead.. Hell as far as guilt goes.... Count me in
    I love Defenseless Animals... Especially in a good gravy<br /><br />When I wake up in the morning I piss excellence

I think nuisance geese are a good specimen for the cause...