Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moultrie Brand Trail Cameras

Default Moultrie Brand Trail Cameras

Are a damned joke.

I have a bag full of dead or fried trail cameras. Almost a full dozen.

Half wont power up, the other half wont read the SD Card.

Opening them up, they use the smallest wire and shittiest soldering jobs they can get by with and still be able to carry enough signal to pass QA on the assembly line.

These aren't the cheap models either.

With that said...

Is this the industry standard? I need to replace some, and I doubt I'd run Moultries even if they gave them to me.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

go buy the cheap tascos from Walmart for 28 bucks. They work great for the money and you don't cry if they get stolen or torn up. Had mine for 3 years so far and no problems
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I have had issues with my Moultrie as well.

The lens must point towards the sky

In other words, it takes pictures of birds, clouds, and the tops of bushes and trees. No ground pics.

I've never had a minutes trouble out of mine, and Moultrie is all I run. Must be the operator.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I've never had issue with Moultrie or spypoint non cellular
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Tactacam 100 bucks and you can use cellular or not. Cellular is $13 unlimited and they have lower packages. Does not run off your cell plan so network doesn’t matter.

Ive got quite a few moultries,and some,ive never had a minutes problem out of . But some ive thrown in the trash after a year to 3 years use . Got a couple browning's , and they have less problems and the picture quality is better .
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

My first Moultrie Camera is an A-30. It's bulletproof and been running it for 5 or 6 years with no issues. No other models have panned out.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Yea those A-30s are strong. That's the only Moultries I have. Don't think I've had one kick the bucket yet.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 09-30-2020 at 09:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

The ones I have owned rarely last more than a season or two. I am going to invest on the cellular cameras moving forward because checking them is a hassle.

I bet I've tried 8-10 different brands. They all suck to some extent. I've had the best luck with Brownings, but they don't last more than 3 years or so, which I guess is about what you pay for. The Spypoint cellulars have been terrible and their customer service is even worse.
    Carolina Counsel

I'm not afraid to spend money on something that will last but it's looking like the Walmart tascos are the way to go.

I use Bushnell. Just purchased some of the Tactacams. I haven't had any problems out of my Bushnells.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I'm not afraid to spend money on something that will last but it's looking like the Walmart tascos are the way to go.
    I couldn't get any of the 4 or 5 I bought to work. Not a picture.
    Carolina Counsel

Get a Tactacam those things are awesome!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I have a Browning that has been decent. Just ordered an Apeman off Amazon for $59 after someone here mentioned them.

Apeman is great for the money. Guys who swear by brownings also only drive Polaris rangers, yeti coolers, bottom land Camo, and can't fish without wearing a huk neck gaiter
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    just say NO!

ok. here's the hard facts. online reviews and customer service, be damned.

I have had 100 cameras in my life. they all suck. wait, except the really expensive ones that people made fun of me for buying (except jess). 4 out of 5 of my expensive cameras still work to this day. a couple are 10+ years old.

if you keep this thread going long enough, you will have votes for and against everyone's "favorite". moultrie. browning. cell cam tactafuckingstupidasscam.com, etc. the old "i have a friend whose friend said browning sucks so he got a _______ camera for $19.99 and he says it awesome." Am I the only one that sees the absurdity in that?

at some point, BB, you will pick a camera "based on a rec from someone on a hunting web site" and love that camera and tout its benefits all over the www....until it shits the bed.

cellular? IMO, its too early for me to get into that stuff and i dont want my phone to rule my life. I like checking cameras.

so....what's the answer? To me, its simple....either buy a bunch of cheap cameras that crap out and you actually throw them away....or buy a nice camera that costs as much as braces.

and dont listen to nick. he doesnt know shit (except maybe about guns)

the end
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    just say NO!

ok. here's the hard facts. online reviews and customer service, be damned.

I have had 100 cameras in my life. they all suck. wait, except the really expensive ones that people made fun of me for buying (except jess). 4 out of 5 of my expensive cameras still work to this day. a couple are 10+ years old.

if you keep this thread going long enough, you will have votes for and against everyone's "favorite". moultrie. browning. cell cam tactafuckingstupidasscam.com, etc. the old "i have a friend whose friend said browning sucks so he got a _______ camera for $19.99 and he says it awesome." Am I the only one that sees the absurdity in that?

at some point, BB, you will pick a camera "based on a rec from someone on a hunting web site" and love that camera and tout its benefits all over the www....until it shits the bed.

cellular? IMO, its too early for me to get into that stuff and i dont want my phone to rule my life. I like checking cameras.

so....what's the answer? To me, its simple....either buy a bunch of cheap cameras that crap out and you actually throw them away....or buy a nice camera that costs as much as braces.

and dont listen to nick. he doesnt know shit (except maybe about guns)

the end
    ornery sumbitch today....more so than normal.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

I cracked open a couple of the cheaper moultries and found that their soldering job was ridiculous. Tiny tiny wires, and heavy heavy solder. I bet their irons were too hot and it weakened the wires which led to the failure.