Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Teachers

double hell no

Quote Originally Posted by HT View Post
    No and No.

I think some of the teachers that are complaining have gotten used to staying at home, drawing a paycheck since March/April, and don't want to go back to work. My opinion though.
    Well the paychecks are for work done from August-May so they already had their 9 months of pay spread over the 12 months of the fiscal contract year. But that is a good point and I see that, a lot.

Hell to the naw! The rest of the damn country is working through this shit. Teachers are one of the most dramatic groups of employees!

Quote Originally Posted by Hosscat View Post
    Teacher here and it’s a no and no from me.

Hypothetically speaking though, what would a society void of teachers and public education system look like in your opinions?
    Not as bad as one without police
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

As the son of an administrator and the husband of a teacher no they shouldn’t get paid if they aren’t working. However, sending them back to school for 5 days a week with no special conditions is asinine. Schools aren’t properly cleaned as is and kids can’t social distance. The situation the governor is creating is a lawyers dream. School districts will get sued trying to force kids to wear a mask. They will also get sued the first sign of an outbreak. Teachers may also lose jobs if more kids go online and teachers aren’t needed in the schools. The comprehensive plans I saw districts putting together were much better than the BS being spewed from the top but those pushing him would probably send their kids to school with a fever as it is. It’s a daycare thing, not an education problem. Kids need to be in school but if it isn’t done safely they’ll get shut down anyway and the political ramifications will be far reaching. Know that if this goes badly the Democrats will take over. I hope the line in the sand doesn’t prove to be a disaster. Do I think the schools should open normally? No. Do I think teachers should get paid if they are sitting on their behinds? No. Are there better ways to handle this than the way the Trump puppet is handling it? Yes! Custodial staff and school districts are not prepared to handle this. Online only wasn’t a cakewalk for teachers and wasn’t worth the effort because the children needing it most didn’t have a support system at home making sure they did their work.

For the record there is no way I would do what my wife does for the amount of money she makes to put up with all the crap she has to. For the good teachers and administrators out there I’m really not sure how they do it.
    For the ducks

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Not as bad as one without police
    So you acknowledge it would be bad. I just wonder if they really coordinated and went on strike what that would look like. For some reason they think they are owed something.

Wife is a teacher and wants to go back to work desperately. She was talking last night about the entitlement of teachers. It’s a No and No from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosscat View Post
    So you acknowledge it would be bad. I just wonder if they really coordinated and went on strike what that would look like. For some reason they think they are owed something.
    It would be bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ceddy View Post
    As the son of an administrator and the husband of a teacher no they shouldn’t get paid if they aren’t working. However, sending them back to school for 5 days a week with no special conditions is asinine. Schools aren’t properly cleaned as is and kids can’t social distance. The situation the governor is creating is a lawyers dream. School districts will get sued trying to force kids to wear a mask. They will also get sued the first sign of an outbreak. Teachers may also lose jobs if more kids go online and teachers aren’t needed in the schools. The comprehensive plans I saw districts putting together were much better than the BS being spewed from the top but those pushing him would probably send their kids to school with a fever as it is. It’s a daycare thing, not an education problem. Kids need to be in school but if it isn’t done safely they’ll get shut down anyway and the political ramifications will be far reaching. Know that if this goes badly the Democrats will take over. I hope the line in the sand doesn’t prove to be a disaster. Do I think the schools should open normally? No. Do I think teachers should get paid if they are sitting on their behinds? No. Are there better ways to handle this than the way the Trump puppet is handling it? Yes! Custodial staff and school districts are not prepared to handle this. Online only wasn’t a cakewalk for teachers and wasn’t worth the effort because the children needing it most didn’t have a support system at home making sure they did their work.

For the record there is no way I would do what my wife does for the amount of money she makes to put up with all the crap she has to. For the good teachers and administrators out there I’m really not sure how they do it.
    1--cleaning doesnt matter. virus dies on surfaces overnight.
    2--"no special conditions"? wear a mask and distance. that's special.
    3--lawsuits? Nope. Assumption of risk. Blanket amnesty is next. Ask Gov Cuomo
    4--This is not trumps fault nor his job.

carry on
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

DT
    I think you got your answer.
    Any more questions for us taxpayers?

Teachers can talk about lawsuits all day long, problem is any lawsuit wouldn't affect(or effect) them personally. That's a cop out

No work no pay when it comes to a job that is funded with tax dollars. If a private business wants to pay their employees to not work, I could care less. I get some teachers being nervous about going back, but pretty much the whole world has had to go back and risk being exposed every day. Teachers shouldn't get a pass

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    DT
    I think you got your answer.
    Any more questions for us taxpayers?
    he likes the term "constituents" but will still vote for the irrational facebook moms bc they make more noise.

Remind me if i'm wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    he likes the term "constituents" but will still vote for the irrational facebook moms bc they make more noise.

duly noted

and if someone has time, do some research on how school openings has worked in other countries. isnt that a great place to look and see the pitfalls that may occur? I just cant fathom why that isnt being done....or, if it is, why it isnt being reported.

If you don’t work you don’t get paid. Virtual school will not work for the masses, the endless summer is over.

I prefer the Politicians not be working. If they aren't clocked in, they should not get paid . ( and by clocked in, I mean at their desks. Not working remotely)..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

If your job is there and you dont go then you shouldn’t get paid.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

well, past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior, at least that is what my wife is always telling me