Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Teachers

What's going to be wild is how the school districts gonna pay for all these new school's that have been built in the last years with alot of people not working. The taxpayer can't take so much or as my late grandmother said, "you can't get blood outa a turnip" whatever that means. Think about it.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    It’s going to be interesting. My wife just got home and said that 4 of her friends (independently) told her today they are homeschooling from now on. With us, that’s 5 that we know of just in our small little group. Can’t imagine what the total number is going to be homeschooling vs going to school. And by that I mean option 2 or 3. Not the state/district run classes where you still report to the school.
    Still got to pay the taxes, if they go or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Still got to pay the taxes, if they go or not.
    How do taxes look if a large population homeschools and the voucher program goes through? What does public school and their budgets look like?

How do taxes look if a large population homeschools and the voucher program goes through? What does public school and their budgets look like?
    SHIT!! In my opinion.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Don’t get your hopes up. They’ve been talking about them for 30 years or more.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    SHIT!! In my opinion.
    Yep. Along with higher degrees of socioeconomic segregation leading to no public education in turn leading to more and more social programs. Pheasants and such. And the government will be laughing all the way to the bank with your tax dollars while people gnaw on the voucher and tax credit bone.

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    At local institutions (Hammond......cough, cough), they call it an Art Scholarship for the gifted in sports that end in "ball". Que ToothDoc here shortly....hehehe.
    all hammond students pay their way.

but i am not the voice of hammond and never will be.

I am fairly certain Burch benefited from his time there.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosscat View Post
    Yep. Along with higher degrees of socioeconomic segregation leading to no public education in turn leading to more and more social programs. Pheasants and such. And the government will be laughing all the way to the bank with your tax dollars while people gnaw on the voucher and tax credit bone.
    Lol. Likely not as doomsday as you think.

I don't think our legislators would cut state taxes and I am certain property taxes would not go down. Public schools would end up with more money per pupil, but still a dysfunctional bureaucracy for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    I don't think our legislators would cut state taxes and I am certain property taxes would not go down. Public schools would end up with more money per pupil, but still a dysfunctional bureaucracy for the most part.
    This is the unfortunate truth...

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    I just hope there are no math or science teachers who think it's unsafe to go back to school.
    My wife's was a math and science teacher in Blythewood.

She won't be returning, but it's not due to the Wu Flu.

She's not returning because her principal is a cocksucker and our public education system is broken in a bad way.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Hutto's son is suing over the grants. Nothing political has ever been good from Orangeburg.

The irony in all this blows my mind. Conservatives cheering a handout in the name of school choice, liberals pouting a handout directed towards the lower class.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    The irony in all this blows my mind. Conservatives cheering a handout in the name of school choice, liberals pouting a handout directed towards the lower class.
    Not everyone can afford to keep one parent at home to teach their kid. If a couple is working doing the best they can and sending their kid to public school and the cocksuckers at the school decide to take your tax dollars and make you quit your job to teach your kid, then I have no problem with them helping get the kid in school. I guarantee that board member is getting paid and gives 2 shits whether you are in financial stress because of their dumbass decision. Maybe the kid going to a private school for a few months is able to hear the pledge every morning along with a prayer, will realize how messed up the public system is. Id rather my tax dollars help that kid than to build some stupid new sidewalk somewhere or some other dumb bullcrap that these democrat run school and county boards do to pad their pockets with perks.
    Last edited by Phone Man; 07-22-2020 at 02:32 PM.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

and on top of that, if these dumbasses in these small counties like Marion and Clarendon and Lee (and sumter is one of the worst) would stop electing these crooked democrats that shut down new businesses and economy coming to the area, then they might be able to get some good schools and their property taxes go down with new industry being there.
    Last edited by Phone Man; 07-22-2020 at 02:31 PM.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    and on top of that, if these dumbasses in these small counties like Marion and Clarendon and Lee (and sumter is one of the worst) would stop electing these crooked democrats that shut down new businesses and economy coming to the area, then they might be able to get some good schools and their property taxes go down with new industry being there.
    It doesn’t help their case when small counties have to keep up multiple schools or school districts because they don’t have the grit to put an end to it because they have pride in the community school they went to or their grandparents went to blah blah. Specifically targeting Marion County with that one. Two (there were three) high schools in a county with under 1500 high school students enrolled is asinine. Load up the buses and send them all to one school. Cut out some of the bloated admin positions, get the teachers and students the tools they need and quit griping about problems that are self inflicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosscat View Post
    It doesn’t help their case when small counties have to keep up multiple schools or school districts because they don’t have the grit to put an end to it because they have pride in the community school they went to or their grandparents went to blah blah. Specifically targeting Marion County with that one. Two (there were three) high schools in a county with under 1500 high school students enrolled is asinine. Load up the buses and send them all to one school. Cut out some of the bloated admin positions, get the teachers and students the tools they need and quit griping about problems that are self inflicted.
    Exactly