Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Big Rock

Quote Originally Posted by formerly bohica View Post
    Seriously? MJ has brought attention to the Big Rock?
    Clearly y’all have never fished the tournament. Nobody fishing the tournament gives a damn. He’s just another boat to fish against. Every boat in that tournament has paid the same entry fee, some of the same Calcutta, bought fuel, etc. I would love to have a private slip at a damn public dock so I could go about my business in private.
    You choose to fish a 3.3 million dollar tournament against 200 other boats, you take the same situation as everyone else.
    I would argue he has an advantage now.
    He’s also brought the national media into a kill tournament. Thanks, MJ.
    Wait...

So he does or doesn't bring any attention to the Big Rock?

Got one boated
    Last edited by DRDUCK; 06-13-2020 at 09:41 AM.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I don’t have a problem with the few that actually exist nowadays. I do have a problem with bringing unwanted attention to them.
    This. Im sure there will be some push to change now that everyone in America has seen it. Before his fish made the headlines, my buddies(who don't fish) didn't know it was Big Rock week.

Not his fault at all, just fishing. The media's fist strikes again.
    Last edited by scdiver; 06-13-2020 at 09:56 AM.

The point I was trying to make is that it is not right, no matter who you are, that a competitor has his own private area in an event. I can see the difference in a setting such as a football or basketball game, but he is competing against the people he has roped off. People that have paid the same as he has, they just dont happen to be famous athletes.
    A damn sideshow at a fishing tournament.

3 coming to the dock
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

If a center console takes the win, there will be crying and gnashing of teeth. Jarrett Bay, et. al. (Caterpillar, Cummins, MAN, etc.) have too much vested. Having said that, Contender is a corporate sponsor and it certainly rewards their patronage. Too bad those boys did not get into all eight levels. today is another day and I believe there is a 500+ ready to be boated. Good luck and tight lines to those boys, wish I was there. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    And don't discount the UNC basketball love. Their fans put Clemming football fans to shame. Bammer level fans. Tree killer types. Like someone said, the weigh announcer could hardly contain himself being that close. Protecting one of the most recognizable people on the planet from those people is just smart business...
    Lol! But if Dabo were there fishing he’d have the whole damn dock signing Kumbaya and rubbing his rock!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Double B was 419

They’re just leading one category...that’s nothing compared to the overall money at $2 million

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

The point I was trying to make is that it is not right, no matter who you are, that a competitor has his own private area in an event. I can see the difference in a setting such as a football or basketball game, but he is competing against the people he has roped off. People that have paid the same as he has, they just dont happen to be famous athletes.
    A damn sideshow at a fishing tournament.
    I would agree if they allowed him to fish a certain portion of the ocean no other boat could enter, but we're talking about a spot at the dock. His boat is still leaving the same inlet and fishing the same ocean. I still don't see how it's an advantage for him to be secluded at the end of a dock.

Maybe a hair quieter and those sleeping on the boat can rest better?

The Contender guys won

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    The Contender guys won
    How much did they win?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    How much did they win?

https://www.carolinacoastonline.com/...fd9b6de26.html

The Pelagic Hunter II catch, reeled in by Capt. John Cruise III and angler Riley Atkins, has the boat in line for a $239,837 payout from the Big Rock’s record $3.34 million purse. The boat was not registered in the high-dollar Level III or Level IV divisions, leaving substantial prizes on the table for other boats.

Second-place Sea Striker, with a fish reeled in by two-time Big Rock winner Capt. Adrian Holler and angler Jon Henry, is in line to win $1.05 million in prizes. Henry is the son of Double B Capt. Parker Henry.
    Last edited by KRT; 06-14-2020 at 05:49 AM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    How much did they win?

$206k plus “Legend” status for winning it in a center console.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Pretty awesome that only 1 pound separated first through third places. Tight fishing this year with no large fish hitting the docks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    The Contender guys won
    Yes, my local boys representing
    #sneadsferrync

they may have won, but the sea striker took home a million.
    Jarrett Bay wins again
    Last edited by BlackTom; 06-14-2020 at 02:47 PM. Reason: belly is full from roma beans

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTom View Post
    they may have won, but the sea striker took home a million.
    Jarrett Bay wins again
    This, although it does show the importance of keeping the fish well hydrated on the way to the scales. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    This, although it does show the importance of keeping the fish well hydrated on the way to the scales. MG
    And a fast CC can get one into the docks in a hurry, and get you more hours on the fishing grounds !!!
    It was a three dog night, and I ain't got but one dog, me and him both damn near froze.