Thread: My pond

I will have a pond like this when I hit the lottery. This picture was taken yesterday.

Be still and get your gun!!!!

Son-uv-a...

Who is paul and can he be my friend?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

pictures of paul's pond have been on the net forever.
    A guilee suit......and it would be on.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

That looks like where I'm going next week
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

that ain't arkansas todo.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Imagine trying to set a decoy spread to match that....

What amazes me is that he shoots that pond every single day except for yesterday, and every day it looks like that.

BTW, every SCWA member is going to have a wet dream wishing they could buy enough $7 ducks to amount to the number of migratory ducks in this photo.

Originally posted by Gatorbait:

BTW, every SCWA member is going to have a wet dream wishing they could buy enough $7 ducks to amount to the number of migratory ducks in this photo.
    [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

SCWA [img]graemlins/jerkin.gif[/img]

If you go over to the refuge there are tons of pics. It's like that everyday.

He only shoots into flocks of 20 or less. When the big flocks like that come in he sends his dog out to scare them instead of shooting......similar to a coyote patroling by.

He has the formula for shooting a pond every day and getting the limit.

They say one million dollars won't even make the down payment on it.

toe clipped tamies, he buys them at a bargain price of $3.50 apiece
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

What's the deal with that pond? Why are those ducks there like that all the time?

the man lives in eastern washington in a very arid region of the state. it has always been a traditional flyway, the snake and columbia rivers are very close, and irrigated farming is popular. he has a drinking spot surrounded by his own barley fields just for the birds, surrounded again by more ag land and an NWR.
    never been to or seen his land, but have hunted pheasants within 15 miles of it. it has always been known as a mallard mecca, he just figured out a way to keep them around.
    he's been doing it for years. I remember watching local TV outdoor shows probably 12-13 years ago about his goose and duck hunting operation.
    his ducks are getting all the attention right now, but what stands out most in my mind is his pits in alfalfa fields 3" growth and his roll back lids that were completely level with the ground. they wouldnt roll back the lids to shoot until the geese were standing in the decoys.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.