Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it time?

Default Is it time?

Is it time to get back in the stock market?

Would you borrow to get in?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Would you borrow money to go to Vegas?
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Borrow how on margin? Do you jog on 85 at rush hour? Unless you have waaay more experience than the average Joe which would preclude you from even contemplating asking that question on here from an average level of experience guys, why would you even think that? Why did you get out? Are getting ready to retire?
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

The real economic impact hasn't even hit yet.

JP Morgan put out something today saying right now the market has only priced a very mild recession. When the market figures out GDP is likely to contract meaningfully as a result of the economic shutdown I’ve got to believe the market will go lower. That said I’ve never been a good stock market investor

Imo, id wait a couple weeks at least. Don't bite off more than you can chew. Lotta money will be made over the next 12-24 months.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Is it time to get back in the stock market?

Would you borrow to get in?
    No not yet and absolutely not.

The number of new cases will skyrocket next week because we will have results from all the new testing. The market will drop and remain unsettled.

Do you believe China is actually experiencing a decline in new cases?

When do you expect warm weather to cause a decline in US cases??

The stock market tries to predict the economy.

I believe there is a great opportunity to buy very soon. Every fall will have a bottom and generally a big swing initially.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Hard to try to find the bottom...but I do believe that its a good time to invest if you got some dry powder that you can stand to not have access to for the next 6 months to a year or so
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

Only a politician...

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Yes, buy for long term. And if it goes down, buy again next week and the week after. I would not borrow money to do it.

No. It isn’t time....thing are going to get worse before it gets better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the recovery will be a sharp incline but there will be time to jump on after it starts upward. You might miss some opportunity of those first few days but there are likely to be a bunch of false starts to shake out the retail investors. I don't think I can predict the absolute bottom but I can jump on the boat before it sails.

for those predicting a cataclysmic event, is there any data for that or just your gut feeling?
    I tend to agree that it will fall more but I also agree this crisis HAS A DEFINITIVE END and the bounce-back could be glorious.

NO ONE knows but more tend to agree that the markets will rebound prior to the end of the virus in early summer. Its interesting how consumer confidence plays into that. Good thing the confident ones will be the ones with all the money to invest.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

It was awful tempting when the Dow hit 18,980 yesterday.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    It was awful tempting when the Dow hit 18,980 yesterday.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Dow futures are down 500pts at the moment.....you may get another chance this morning.

Don’t base it on the dow numbers. Restrictions of movement will tell the story imo. Our infected rates are going to skyrocket next week because our testing is backlogged and took a few weeks to resolve.

Probably leading to more curfews and bullshit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe try this: When you can look at a daily chart of the Dow, S&P, NDX, etc. and they appear to have put in a base and risen approx. 20% above that then start nibbling. Plenty of money to be made from 20% off the bottom to the next excess period. Sleep better at night that way too.

we havent been testing for a "few weeks" so how could it have taken a "few weeks" to resolve?

curfews are silly. I agree. Social distancing is not. We are doing this so as not to infect those that could die from it. Do yall realize that? Its not about you. Its about those that are vulnerable.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    we havent been testing for a "few weeks" so how could it have taken a "few weeks" to resolve?

curfews are silly. I agree. Social distancing is not. We are doing this so as not to infect those that could die from it. Do yall realize that? Its not about you. Its about those that are vulnerable.
    So why don’t we do the same every year during flu season? Serious question.

And anyone buying now is in for more disappointment.