Thread: $6 bounty

Default $6 bounty

That Kid don't Play

I see what you did there

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    That Kid don't Play
    Outstanding.

a high school kid could make some cash doing that

We shot a few last time I was down in LA duck hunting. I brought my 10/22 along just for that purpose. I could make a hobby out of it. I wouldn't be scared to eat them either.

I use to participate in the bounty program when I lived down in Louisiana. We ran a mud boat in the evenings and generally averaged around 60 in an afternoon shooting from 4pm till dark. We turned in 2800 tails the first year we did it. Makes for some sweet pocket change. Six gallons of gas and a pint carton of .22lr rounds was really our only expense for the trips.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I use to participate in the bounty program when I lived down in Louisiana. We ran a mud boat in the evenings and generally averaged around 60 in an afternoon shooting from 4pm till dark. We turned in 2800 tails the first year we did it. Makes for some sweet pocket change. Six gallons of gas and a pint carton of .22lr rounds was really our only expense for the trips.
    Did they draw taxes out of the check or 1099 you at the end of the year?
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 03-11-2020 at 10:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

"Little six dolla bills jus runnin' around out heeya…" HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Did they draw taxes out of the check or 1099 you at the end of the year?
    That I'm not sure of. I worked with a local guy down there that I was friends with. We shot nutria and cut the tails off. Kept the tails in a champagne basket in a walk in freezer each week until the collection truck came around. Then Robbie would take the tails and turn them in for the bounty and give me my cut. Not sure how the regulations work now but back then you couldn't just ride out and shoot whenever as joe public. The shooting had to be done on a lease where you were given hunting/trapping rights by written permission. There was a minimum number of acreage required to enroll into the bounty program. Between Robbie and I we had about 5,000 acres that we were able to show rights to which allowed us to participate.

I thought the bounty had gone up since back then. I was down there from 2002-2006 and it was $6 a tail back then. They wanted to kill 100,000 a year for 6 years initially to get the population in check. I know that after Katrina that number went up b/c there weren't very many folks left with boats to chase the nutria and their population was exploding again since they breed like rabbits.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

2,400,000 The state will pay out if they reach their goal of 400k
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Ring King,

Have you tasted them? Did y'all just feed them to the alligators?