Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TOYOTA TUNDRA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I took delivery of a 2019 limited Crewmax on Monday. It is a beast. Driving the old F150 today while KRT does what he do to the new one, so I can run 275/65r20s without scrubbing, and miss the new one, already. I bought it through a broker, who got me a good deal on the truck I wanted, and I didn't have to fuss with anyone. He delivered it to my parking lot. Made it all the more sweet!

I still haven't figured out what all this thing does. Only complaint so far, is you can hardly hear the radio with all the windows open. It is clear as a bell, but lacks volume, which is fine, with the windows up.

I've had two, an 07' limited with the 4.7L and now a 10' sr5 with the 5.7 and 4wd. Really wish they offered leather on the sr5 but I put marathon seat covers on real quick

TUndras have the 3rd best resale value of any vehicle of any kind...that speaks volumes. The number one vehicle for holding value is the Tacoma.
    At least I'm housebroken.

They look boring and plain on the lot. Do y'all level them up or ad anything to them to make them look like a real truck?

Quote Originally Posted by FOWL MOUTH View Post
    They look boring and plain on the lot. Do y'all level them up or ad anything to them to make them look like a real truck?
    I towed my buddies ‘16 F-150 with 35k miles to the shop when it died on him on 26. Other than that, no I haven’t done anything else to make it look like a “real truck”.

Quote Originally Posted by FOWL MOUTH View Post
    Funny you say that. I bought my Truck on a Tuesday an the guy said "looks good right" I said looks basic but we will get that worked out.

IMG_2768.JPG

Went back Friday afternoon to get a last minute item taken care with dealer, he said dang you did get it worked out. I said "now it looks like a truck"

IMG_2784.jpg

95K miles and only issue I had was the alcohol sensor which they reset and got it straight.

I have yet to see a tundra "squatted." That in itself makes me proud to own one.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    I have yet to see a tundra "squatted." That in itself makes me proud to own one.
    Stolen from FB.

867DFAAC-C4B6-412A-A7CA-DCC9998585B5.jpeg

FD7E2750-1C63-474C-96A5-1584443B30AB.jpg
    Last edited by wdhigh; 10-03-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Dammit. Mines for sale.
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Lol

Can you get one with a bed longer than 4’ in a crew cab?
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 10-03-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Unfortunately I don't believe you can. The bed length is the only con to the Crew Max, imo.

My son has one and a coworker. They both have vibration issues. Well known issue at least with older ones.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    The crew cab has a 5.5 bed.

I’ve over 200k on my 07 only oil changes brakes and tires. That reminds me I need to do my timing belt

I have owned 2 now and will never own anything else.

I just traded the 2013 Tundra double cab 5.7 4x4 with 87,000 miles a few months ago for a new 2019 F150 5.0 Lariat 4x4 and I'm starting to regret my decision. The F150 is full of cool gadgets and gets a little better gas mileage but the 10 speed transmission seems a little glitchy and the truck just doesn't feel as solid as the Tundra did. I never had to do anything to the Tundra except oil changes, brakes and tires. I've owned 5 Toyota trucks (4 Tacoma's and 1 Tundra) all were trouble free, this is only my 2nd Ford ever and maybe my last.

That Ford 10 speed is why I bought the Tundra. Been driving Ford for about 15 years now.

Tires, brakes and oil change = Pavement Princess aka The Tampon Taxi.

Yea, yea. Ram owners haven't ever had the luxury of only doing regular routine maintenance, we know.