Thread: First one with a crossbow

Default First one with a crossbow

This one walked in at 60 yards down a hill coming right at me. He decided to turn and walk through some brush and was walking away when I grunted and he turned towards me and came within 20 yards. Walked in dropped off the stuff and grabbed the dog and let him track. The dog tracked him well. 168lbs 8point. Biggest body deer I have taken. Ended up dragging him 700 yards.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by darealdeal; 09-22-2019 at 10:49 PM.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

nice deer man! Pretty cool the dog tracked it well
    Never confuse enthusiasm for capability

Congrats

Nice
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Picture my brother took and sent me. Best thing about the whole thing was dropping him of last night at the processor and they had the whole family out. One of the kids had to be seven years old and was so dang excited about seeing the deer and the little man washed the blood off the scale and offered to rise the blood outta my truck bed to. Then shook my hand and said congratulation sir with a big ole smile on his face. Made me all the more excited about one day taking my son who is about to be one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by darealdeal; 09-23-2019 at 08:46 AM.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Is that the entrance or exit? How far did he run?

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    Is that the entrance or exit? How far did he run?
    That is the entrance. Exit was opposite side shoulder. Only ran maybe 70 to 80 yards from the stand.
    Last edited by darealdeal; 09-23-2019 at 08:49 AM.

Congrats brother. Shoot this one behind your house?
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Quote Originally Posted by dhall1693 View Post
    Congrats brother. Shoot this one behind your house?
    Yes sir. Just behind the house!

700 yds behind the house?

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    700 yds behind the house?
    It’s a long story..... but I have about 20 acres and it’s mostly a straight back parcel and we decided to head the wrong direction at night for about 150 to 200 yards before we realized we headed the wrong direction.......
    Last edited by darealdeal; 09-23-2019 at 04:21 PM.

good deal
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston