Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: From Diesel to Gas

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    I wonder how long before Tundra has a diesel
    I doubt you will ever see that in the States. Our diesel has too much sulfur. Our diesel is min of 15 ppm of sulfur, over seas their max is 10 ppm.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I’d rather have the Hilux brought over here.

Gonna order a new boom truck next month a f-750, going with the V10 gas. Because Im decent at math.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    My diesel Colorado has reassured me to never buy another gas truck. I am racking up miles or towing. Sometimes both.

27 mpg lifetime average on truck. 21 mpg towing a 17’ fiberglass boat, 28 mpg commuting on interstate and 32mpg running 55 on the back roads.
    God Bless
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    My diesel Colorado... 27 mpg lifetime average on truck. 21 mpg towing a 17’ fiberglass boat, 28 mpg commuting on interstate and 32mpg running 55 on the back roads.
    Now that's impressive.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Or a twin turbo 4 banger or an aluminum body...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spinny Derbish View Post
    Or a twin turbo 4 banger or an aluminum body...
    I’m hearing turbo brought down from the Lexus line for 2020 tundra. I hope it’s not true.

The diesel up charge plus the increased fuel cost for not much better mileage plus the increased service cost make it really hard to pencil. I hate hearing a gas motor scream with a load behind it but unless you pull a lot I don’t see buying a new diesel right now. A ram 2500 tradesman crew with a Cummins is like $61k on the sticker, that is insane. I would be scared to look at a Chevy or Ford. Unless something changes in the pricing world I am on my last diesel.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    The diesel up charge plus the increased fuel cost for not much better mileage plus the increased service cost make it really hard to pencil. I hate hearing a gas motor scream with a load behind it but unless you pull a lot I don’t see buying a new diesel right now. A ram 2500 tradesman crew with a Cummins is like $61k on the sticker, that is insane. I would be scared to look at a Chevy or Ford. Unless something changes in the pricing world I am on my last diesel.
    Options drive the prices up faster than Jussie Smollett making a list of attack supplies from the Crafty Beaver...

https://huntersvilleford.com/sale/fo...7w2b62ked34658

It drinks gas but I wouldn’t trade my 8.1 suburban for a diesel unless I was towing all the time with it.

Yep. I’m babying mine hoping I won’t have to buy another
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Visor, you ain’t snatching dump trailers and hauling 18 square of shingles in your work truck?

I have two F-550 flatbeds that my delivery guys use to deliver trailers to the jobs with materials on them and then to the landfill. It’s not uncommon for some of my dumps to weigh 15,000lbs on my biggest dump trailers. That doesn’t include the weight of the trailer itself. Only time my personal truck (2011 duramax) gets used for that is if one of my shop trucks goes down and is in the shop or if we are working out of town and I become the delivery/dump man. My personal truck usually only gets used to haul my boat, tractors etc. It has actually been parked in the same place right now for 3 weeks. I drive a 2013 f150 around every day doing estimates and repairs and such
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 02-20-2019 at 11:01 PM.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spinny Derbish View Post
    Options drive the prices up faster than Jussie Smollett making a list of attack supplies from the Crafty Beaver...

https://huntersvilleford.com/sale/fo...7w2b62ked34658
    The auto bubble is going to be as bad as the housing bubble.
    cut\'em

For true....

I hope you are right. Mr friends and I are waiting on the large center console boat bubble to burst as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

After talking to a fella, and hearing his numbers with a '19 F-150 diesel (lifted 2" on 35's), I kinda wish I had not gotten my 3.5. Mileage alone would have at least broken even on the fuel and upkeep.

Uncle Spineypieceofshit - why don't ya go getcha one of those trucks. Should be pocket change for you.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    I hope you are right. Mr friends and I are waiting on the large center console boat bubble to burst as well.
    You and 1/2 of THT.

Get what you want and enjoy life. If you can afford it do it because things can change fast and having a regrets is the last thing anyone should want.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I'll admit that if my F250 had all the bells & whistles as my 150 does, and it didn't nearly try to kill me and still wobble a touch at 48mph, then I probably would have never sold it.

I miss the size of a usable bed, and while the 3.5 tows OK, that 6.7 was a damn torque-beast.

85mph gets the same MPG (~14.5), I have found out, but at $1 less per gallon, I'm still saving a lot in the long run.

Plus, I am loving my 36gal tank. To hell with that little tank on my F250.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    After talking to a fella, and hearing his numbers with a '19 F-150 diesel (lifted 2" on 35's), I kinda wish I had not gotten my 3.5. Mileage alone would have at least broken even on the fuel and upkeep.

Uncle Spineypieceofshit - why don't ya go getcha one of those trucks. Should be pocket change for you.

Hmmm....Maybe I will there ole USMCqueefsniffer...maybe I will and when I do ( if I haven't already ) I am headed right to Lexington, SC to see A2Z...Let's be honest, life isn't complete until you written an internet love letter to KRT for things like oil changes, leveling kits, topping off wiper fluid, rotating the aggressive looking street tires, and the like. Ahh...who knows? I might just be bull Jussieing on this beautiful afternoon in the low country...

Now, I have to go and pick up my boys Smith and Wesson and drop them off at their cousin Sitka's to study with a their friends Banded, Avery, Glock, and Drake. I'll holla at ya.
    Attached Images Attached Images