Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal TSS shotshell prices.

Default Federal TSS shotshell prices.

How many of you guys have deeper enough pockets to afford the new Federal TSS turkey loads at $9.40 a shot? EMO they are not enough turkeys in SC to pay half that much to shoot a stupid turkey. Federal must think the turkey hunters are stupider than mud to pay this much. I kill just as many with the $1.00 each copper coated stuff. If you need this extra range, learn to call better.

Quote Originally Posted by deerslayerjohn View Post
    How many of you guys have deeper enough pockets to afford the new Federal TSS turkey loads at $9.40 a shot? EMO they are not enough turkeys in SC to pay half that much to shoot a stupid turkey. Federal must think the turkey hunters are stupider than mud to pay this much. I kill just as many with the $1.00 each copper coated stuff. If you need this extra range, learn to call better.
    I bet you have spent $30 on worse things......

Who ever said it was about range?

Quote Originally Posted by duckchoppin View Post
    Who ever said it was about range?
    That's what it's about...there, I am the guy that said it. LOL
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

OP’s name checks out.

There's a bunch of old threads on here that you can search and read about the evils of TSS.

Also a bunch to browse through about not concerning yourself about how other people spend their money.

Have a nice day.

Considering the money spent on steel shot and high power rifle cartridges $30 per year isn't bad for a successful turkey season. You may not want to shoot 3 boxes at a paper turkey but that's up to you.
    Buy em
    Choot em

You spend a thousand dollars on a gun, thousands more on a lease, tens of thousands on a truck, hundreds on gas, decoys, calls camouflage...... but your right. The one thing that actually kills the bird, you know the last item in this equation between you and your success, makes total sense to not want to spend $9.
    I don’t shoot TSS, however, I have never killed a turkey that wasn’t worth $10.

Stay the hell away from where you're seeing them for that high! I found some last week in my neck of the woods for my daughters .410 at 21.99 a box of 5. Got her 4 boxes, she shot 2, I shot 2 and saved the rest for the next few turkey seasons! I might even hunt with that little gun. Factory full choke is putting 161 pellets in a 10" circle at 25 yards!

Yea I didn’t pay that much. Mine were $6.40 but I’m shooting a 20 gauge. Still have a box of .410 from last year and might try to get a bird with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Deer Slayer, I purchased some 20 guage tss for the kids last year to increase their odds. A 8 year old and a 10 year old killed 4 grown gobblers. Don't always need it, but nice to have it. TSS is legal and very effective. Feets summed it up.

Fact: That stuff will kill way out there no matter what it is pointed at and will go through some foliage to do it. Now it's readily available to anyone willing to plunk down the cash, not just the avid reloading turkey hunters but every nimrod novice who has just read some advertisement stating increased ranges and performance.

That's my biggest concern. Please just be safe. It's getting to the point that it's like rifles have been made legal again.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    That's what it's about...there, I am the guy that said it. LOL
    I like how they don't bleed or flop with those small shot.......

Go be poor somewhere else.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

Quote Originally Posted by Foie Gras View Post
    Go be poor somewhere else.
    And this.....

If you consider how much money you spend on a shotgun, plus calls, plus gas money, plus time walking/driving/not sleeping.... really the shells are a minuscule cost compared to everything else, even if they are $6, $7,$8 a piece. And the best/worst thing that could happen is you shoot $30 worth of those expensive shells a season compared to somebody who only spent $6. Hell, most folks spend more money than that in gas in a weekend Turkey hunting, so in the grande scheme of things, it ain't that much more money if it gives you confidence.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

In the moment, when a gobbler is standing down my gun barrel, I would pay $500 to make sure he went to flopping when I pulled the trigger.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

You get what you pay for, on youth day last saturday my 5 year old shot about 20 .410 TSS at ducks. It was worth 10X that watching him kill a black duck by himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    In the moment, when a gobbler is standing down my gun barrel, I would pay $500 to make sure he went to flopping when I pulled the trigger.
    Or you can shoot TSS and they don’t flop at all

I watched 9 birds die from tss last season and they all flopped. Even the one I shot at 2 yards and almost cut his face off.