Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SBE3 or A400 Extreme Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Two Barrels View Post
    New “B” brand autoloaders are priced too high in my opinion If I am going to spend that much, it will be a O/U or S/S. I do not care for the fake wood grain and shock absorbing gimmicks on these newer guns. I am sure they are all good guns, just not for me. With that said, I looked at one of the Franchi Affinity 3s the other week. I thought it was a good value compared to other new autos in the market. It felt pretty good too and gets some favorable reviews. We “needed” another 12 ga auto. In the end, I did not buy the Affinity. I found a like new AL390 Silver Mallard and saved several hundred over the price of the Affinity.
    You will be happy with that beretta, I have an Al390 silver mallard as well and it is my go-to gun for doves and clays
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I keep hearing people talk about how “unreliable” gas guns are and I’ve never seen it. I purposely didn’t clean an original Xtrema I had for an entire season. Dove opener through the end of duck season. It never hiccuped. I was shooting those dirty ass black clouds that year too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just speaking from my experience. Had 3 Berattas and Sx3 all good guns but shooting as much as I do a season in rain or dog shaking in pit I got tired of hangups and cleaning. That’s just me 👍
    80-20 Genaration

How tall is your wife?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

She is 5'10"... went with the SBE3
    It does not pattern high, so that made the purchase a success

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I own benelli but they never make it to the woods anymore cause they suck compared to a 700$ outlander. benelli freezes 9/10 times before any of my newer gas guns.
    Windows Down!

I sat next to a jamming new M2 a couple days ago.

I’m a Beretta guy personally. I shoot a 13 year old Xtrema II that still hasn’t failed me. I generally shoot around a case and a half of steel shot per year and it gets cleaned once or twice a season whether it needs it or not. Hunted in plenty of rain, snow, sleet, saltwater, and sub zero temps in Alaska without issues. Bought an A300 Outlander last year as a loaner gun for when my son would come visit us in California. Turned out that me, the wife, and my son all shot it equally well. It burned plenty of powder last year and never failed us either. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another Beretta tomorrow if I wanted a new auto loader. That being said if I was going to spend the kind of money they want for one these days I’d likely end up with a camo Browning Cynergy. I have loved the look of that gun since they came out. I have no idea how it would fit me but it’s sure one that Id like to try!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

I won a Browning Gold hunter, old DU gun of the year about twenty years ago. It felt great shooting, but man it was one finicky booger. I owned a SBE 1 that someone gave me, old H&K for a going away present. I had those along with other guns I amassed over the years. Those two were stolen, and I never felt the need to replace them. I stuck with a 390 then moved to the al 391 urika, I've never felt more comfortable with an auto I've owned since.

Which ever one matches your outfit. Cant be grindin all hard and your ensemble clash. As HS would say "that's just tacky"
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I am one dashing mofo, but one most wouldn't like to match birds with..

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    Which ever one matches your outfit. Cant be grindin all hard and your ensemble clash.
    Yep, and get one with the longest barrel you can find. That way you can add a bunch of barrel stickers to up your duck blind cred!!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

get a franchi. save a grand. and thank me later.

Between the two mention an a400 feels like a 2x4 but shittier. A sb3 feels like a fresh set of tits. You decide...

As for the cleaning argument. I have an a400 20 ga. Hasn’t been cleaned in two years. Well over 2k rounds fired. I have a SB3 that hasn’t been cleaned in 1.5 years. Probably around 500 rounds fired. Took booth out of state and the sb3 was a single shot until I cleaned it. Shot the a400 20 the majority of the week with zero issues
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

if it is for the wife, and you are looking to spend that much, I would look at the syren shotguns. I made the mistake of buying my wife a shotgun before she tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Between the two mention an a400 feels like a 2x4 but shittier. A sb3 feels like a fresh set of tits. You decide...

As for the cleaning argument. I have an a400 20 ga. Hasn’t been cleaned in two years. Well over 2k rounds fired. I have a SB3 that hasn’t been cleaned in 1.5 years. Probably around 500 rounds fired. Took booth out of state and the sb3 was a single shot until I cleaned it. Shot the a400 20 the majority of the week with zero issues
    The A400 sounds like a piece of shit. I’ll give you $700 for it

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Just bought an A400 . Been shooting an M1 for years . I think the Beretta fit bigger folks better . Not enough shells through the A400 to say how great it is . I also bought a Franchi 20g at the same time . Dang Franchi is a lot of gun for the money .
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    The A400 sounds like a piece of shit. I’ll give you $700 for it

I’ll trade it for two of those water damaged RPRs

My a400 has a kickoff and is bottomland.
    And those of you who say you don’t like or have kickoff because a 12ga doesn’t kick are fucking stupid.
    Carry on
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Just make sure whatever you get shoots 3.5's
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I wouldn't have a kick off, unless something has changed that I'm not aware of.. They have bothered me. I doubt I'll get past it.

my vote would be the Beretta a400 plus....they are very smooth and reliable
    I have been using one in Arkansas this season along with some Hevi X
    and both have performed flawlessly