View Poll Results: Abortion. Where do you land?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abortion is murder

57 31.15%
  • Women should have the right to choose

34 18.58%
  • Abortion should only be allowed in medical or criminal cases

92 50.27%
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion. Where do you fall?

Default Abortion. Where do you fall?

This issue is getting ready to be huge again, so let's see where this crowd lands on it...

You play the game, be ready for the prize if you win....

Edit: As far as rape.. idk.. but i do know its not the childs fault.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 09-05-2018 at 09:04 AM.

Completely against except in the case of rape.

Abortion is one of the most evil things you can do.

Exodus 21:22-25
    Psalm 82:3-4
    Psalm 127:3
    Psalm 139:13-16
    Jeremiah 1:5

Completely against except in the case of rape.
    A lifelong friend of mine's little sister got married. They were blessed with a pregnancy until one day something went wrong. A few weeks later the message from the Medical staff was clear- Abort this fetus or you will not survive this pregnancy. She wasn't raped. She could live her life with her husband and family. Abortion would save her life.

She chose to bring the baby into the world and die. At around 25 years old or so. The child was taken into her brother's family who were in a much better position with small kids of their own, to raise it.

I think about her sacrifice every time this issue comes up. There are choices and then there are choices...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    A lifelong friend of mine's little sister got married. They were blessed with a pregnancy until one day something went wrong. A few weeks later the message from the Medical staff was clear- Abort this fetus or you will not survive this pregnancy. She wasn't raped. She could live her life with her husband and family. Abortion would save her life.

She chose to bring the baby into the world and die. At around 25 years old or so. The child was taken into her brother's family who were in a much better position with small kids of their own, to raise it.

I think about her sacrifice every time this issue comes up. There are choices and then there are choices...
    About as selfless as one human could be.

Does tax payer funded abortion not have a bearing on this poll?

Wow! That's love. As a husband, I know I would have wanted my wife to abort in that situation. Now as a father, I can see how easy it is to lay down my life for my children.

Pro-choice, for the most part.

Rape, incest, retardation, deformities, handicaps, etc.

Got a crackhead who is going to bring a crackbaby into this world? Give her the choice, too...

There are already many folks out there who don't know who their daddy is; There are even more tied up on the foster system. An unwanted kid, for the most part, is likely to lead an unfulfilling life. Yes - many turn out great, but I'm guessing the majority don't.

Now...don't get me wrong here. I am apposed to late-term abortions, unless due to medical reasons. But, again, for the most part - it is a women's body. Let them decide.

Oh, and morning after pills should be at the checkout at 7-11's.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

Against, except for Rape or if it puts the mother’s life in jeapordy.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post

Got a crackhead who is going to bring a crackbaby into this world? Give her the choice, too...

There are already many folks out there who don't know who their daddy is; There are even more tied up on the foster system. An unwanted kid, for the most part, is likely to lead an unfulfilling life. Yes - many turn out great, but I'm guessing the majority don't.

Now...don't get me wrong here. I am apposed to late-term abortions, unless due to medical reasons. But, again, for the most part - it is a women's body. Let them decide.

Eugenics 101
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Yeah, the Nazis tried that.

Margaret Sanger would be proud.

I wish there was a trophy for the most fucked up post of 2018.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

I could go into a long response but ill make it short. God has a plan for everyone. That baby is not an accident no matter how much we think so. You might not want that baby but there are plenty of people that are dying to have a baby to love and cant have their own. People want the easy way out and dont want to deal with their choices. Jab your friends daughter is a fine person.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

"I'm glad it's me... At first I wasn't becauses I was scared. But now I see that this is the only way I could handle this. I couldn't imagine having to sit idly by and watch a loved one go through this. Yes I'm in a lot of pain, yes this journey is going to suck. And YES you know damn straight that I'm making it through this. I know I can endure this, not for me, but for my friends and family."- Jacob Dupree

That quote stuck with me. I think it applies to your friend's experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    I wish there was a trophy for the most fucked up post of 2018.
    I disagree.

Everyone has a right to an opinion.

I knew I'd get slammed, but so be it. It is honestly just how I personally feel.

A kid wants and NEEDS nurturing and loving from the beginning of life. He/she benefits greatly from the first few years of a loving relationships with parents (or foster parents if he/she is lucky enough to get a good one).

The thought of truely unwanted children saddens me.

That is why I have my stance.

I know where I stand and who I answer to. Therefore, my choice and belief are that its wrong. However, this country was founded on the principle of freedom and individual religious expression. For that reason I understand why my choices and beliefs do not represents those of others. If the courts say its ok within the law of the land then that's what it is.

As far as the crack baby comment. My cousin and his wife tried for years to have a baby and couldnt. They decided to adopt. Their child came from a drug mom and she is now 17years old and a beautiful healthy young lady.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

My momma was a 17 year old high school senior when she got pregnant with me. Can't imagine how scared she was. I wonder what she was thinking during that time as the SCOTUS ruled abortion legal in Jan of 1973 I believe. I was born in March.