Thread: Locker?

Default Locker?

Anyone ever install a "drop in" locker in there truck? Aussie, lock right, or Spartan? Thinking about putting one in my old 4runner.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I put a Lock Right in my 67 CJ5 years ago. Easy to do and makes a big difference off road, works as it should. Good inexpensive option for a hunting/mud rig, but I wouldn't trust it for anything hard core.

Mycousin had a spartan in his bronco. When you turned it sounded like a rifle going off. It didnt stay in therelong.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I've had a powertrain in one dodge. No big issues. I have a spartan in mine now. It will let you know when it releases. I think it is stronger than the powertrax but damn the noise. But there is no question it's back there when I need it. I really think it is not suited for Columbia's roads.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I need to meet your axle guy rp. My bronco needs some 4.56's.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

They just put a bag of extra bearings in there to torment rp. Figured it would force him to get hearing aides.

RP what are you driving? My little 85 4runner is s hunting truck. Not to worried about its road manners. Everything I have read says that tight turns on road are the cause of the "pop".

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

Get an ARB.

My old 57 Rover had one.....it's pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    RP what are you driving? My little 85 4runner is s hunting truck. Not to worried about its road manners. Everything I have read says that tight turns on road are the cause of the "pop".
    Slee has them for the 4Runner, will have the ARB as well.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Get an ARB.

My old 57 Rover had one.....it's pretty nice.
    I know all about the ARB and other selectable lockers. For this truck it would be way to much money on a deer/corn hauler.