Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snake Boots revisited

Default Snake Boots revisited

I'm needing to replace my snake boots. I was looking at the Irish Setter Vaptrex boots at Sportsmans Warehouse today - they didn't have my size - but was impressed by the light weight. Do any of you have any experience with these? I want light, comfortable, durable, and waterproof.

I've worn out my Rocky's and my shoe size has changed anyway. But I'll entertain info and opinions on any boots that are under about $225 (in other words, no Russells).
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Your price point isn't going to get you much.. especially durable and waterproof.

Go up at least one notch and buy a pair of Chippewas. You can find them for $279 + Shipping, etc.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

My Danners have outlasted every pair of snake boots that I have used. They are also light and comfortable.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

I had some Danners - the Gore-Tex liners pulled out like socks and they started leaking. The Rocky's I've grown out of leak as well.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I have the Cabelas brand Boa’s with the knob on the back that tightens the wire (instead of traditional laces or a zipper). Very comfortable and light weight and still waterproof after a few years of swamp hunting. Easy on and off as well.

The Rocky Low Country’s are great boots and on sale.
    https://tacticalgear.com/rocky-low-c...38,5131/1&dl=b
    Edit only one size available
    Last edited by CAJUN LAB; 08-04-2018 at 08:34 PM.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    I had some Danners - the Gore-Tex liners pulled out like socks and they started leaking. The Rocky's I've grown out of leak as well.
    Guess I am lucky. Mine don’t leak.......yet. Probably had them for about 10 years. Pretty worn now.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

I love my Danners, most comfortable snake boot I've ever owned. They have not leaked yet.

Gotta say, I’ve had my Danner Sharptails for well over ten years and they are going strong as well. Light, waterproof and comfortable.

I don’t wear snake boots anymore but when I did my danners were hands down best I’d owned
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

I’ve got Chippewa and the LaCrosse Arrowhead, the Chippewas are much lighter and cooler but the Arrowheads are better for the constant wet conditions we’re having in the woods right now. Rubber boots are necessary if you’re wading half the time you walk into a stand.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    I'm needing to replace my snake boots. I was looking at the Irish Setter Vaptrex boots at Sportsmans Warehouse today - they didn't have my size - but was impressed by the light weight. Do any of you have any experience with these? I want light, comfortable, durable, and waterproof.
    Got those exact boots. Leaked from day 1. Started coming apart where the toe meets the foot and bends. They're also not comfortable to walk long distances in. As they say, "Would not recommend to a friend."
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    I don’t wear snake boots anymore but when I did my danners were hands down best I’d owned
    Bc when a snake bites G it's already dead whether it knows it or not!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Danner Sharptails

Buy the Russell's, spend the money once and cry once.
    every expert was once a beginner

I have two pair of Danners and neither pair leaks
    HRCH Fat Daddy Cash MH
    HRCH Tonka's Rebel Yell MH

What size?

I’m about to post two pair in the TP...

1. NIB (only worn in the house to test the size) Danner Sharptail pull-on in 10EE

2. Lightly used, but in excellent condition pair of Chippewaw leather pull-on in 10D. The length fits like a 10.5, the width fits like a D, and the heel fits loose. Not waterproof other than Snow Seal, etc. Soles are like new.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 08-11-2018 at 09:19 AM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I’ve got a pair of Chippewa bison leather snake boots. They will still be around when I die. They’re an extra hundo over normal Chippewa, but they’re legit