His Will is Your Power

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

In the end, every man will discipline himself to his strongest hope. To get the girl, we discipline ourselves to buy flowers, write sappy cards, and concentrate on listening, why? We hope to win her affections. To get the contracts for our business, we network, smile and dial, and follow up on leads. Why? We hope to get paid. To get that six-pack stomach (not me), we discipline ourselves to eat right and suffer a thirty-minute core workout at the gym. Why? We hope to look like the dude on the cover of Men’s Health.

The soldier, athlete and farmer are each married to give in to temptation. The soldier is tempted by civilian life. The athlete is tempted to cut corners (steroids). The farmer is tempted to sleep in. But each also has a strong hope waiting for him that is stronger than the temptation, which causes him to discipline himself and practice self-control. The soldier’s hope is to win the approval of his commanding officer, so he concentrates on his military duty. The athlete’s hope is the gold medal, so he follows the rules of the competition. The farmer’s hope is the upcoming harvest, so he wakes up early and walks behind smelly oxen while plowing his field. When the stimulus comes to those three guys, their hope intervenes, and they say no to their temptation and yes to their hope. Hope is power and it’s the Holy Spirit's mission in our life is to remind us of our strongest hope.

It’s pretty nice to live a guilt free life, to know that the Creator of the universe has decided to lay his hand on your shoulder and say 'I want you as my son'.

Father, it is you who has put this hope within me, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk