Thread: Now That's A BIG Moose!

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Now That's A BIG Moose!

Dang! That thing is gigantic by anyone's standards....

Dang Big Moose!
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

They are ginormous.

Two times in my life I have had close encounters with them in a non hunting situation - one as a drive by at night on the interstate in New Hampshire.. It's a butt puckering thing to see a bull look in your driver's side window of your rented minivan as you pass him at 70 MPH.

Second time was me and my friend Martin E and I in WA turkey hunting. A hail storm had blown us off the mountain and a bull Shiras came trotting past us on a logging road. He was so close his dewlap almost hit Martin in the face.. they are big mofos.

When you have one dead on the ground, the enormity of a moose is overwhelming. It takes a while to gut and quarter one.

My business partner's 82 year old Dad drew a coveted once in a lifetime Idaho bull tag a few years back. His brother lived in Moscow, ID and had found several. Ike has macular degeneration and was told not to shoot a heavy recoiling rifle. Scott has a 7-08 Mountain 700.. so, we loaded him some 140 grain Partitions. We found a respectable bull the second day and Ike plugged him behind the shoulder about 80 yards off the road. DRT. We used a come along and the truck winch to drag him to the road. Had enough cable on the winch to drag it onto the 4 wheeler trailer and it bent the axles on the trailer. Went to town and hired a guy with a flatbed. Loaded the Moose after much labor and took it to the check station. It weighed over 1300 pounds as I recall.
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 08-10-2018 at 09:17 PM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

We gonna need to give Harv a second...

I've seen moose several times. Nothing like running down a gravel road at 60mph and one ambling out of a wetland in front of you. In a full size 4×4 Chevy, you're looking under their belly.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Most people just don't realize how big an Alaska/Yukon moose really is.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    Most people just don't realize how big an Alaska/Yukon moose really is.
    Yep, the Alaskan moose is way bigger than the ones in the lower 48. Especially when you start cleaning it!
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

He certainly is a big guy but they all are up there. One day I might get the chance to hit the Yukon. I have a nephew wokin gold mines there. I'll tell you true that any adult moose is big once it's grounded. Party's over then for a while.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

After I graduated high school my father took my brother and me hunting in Alaska. We decided to make it a 2 week trip and go to Denali National Park. Being there during the solstice festival was interesting to say the least. One night (if you can call it that) when we where hiking around Denali, I stopped and realized that I was literally 10 feet from a bull moose. Scared the shit out of me. I had no idea he was there he just looked at me and went back to eating.

I knew they were big but had no idea they were that big. Ever since then killing a moose has been very high on my bucket list.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 08-13-2018 at 08:05 AM.

my brother and ME
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    my brother and ME
    I fixed it for you.

Nice.

We are making the world a better place.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.