Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Church goes DixieChick

Default Eric Church goes DixieChick

Country singer Eric Church said he blames the National Rifle Association (NRA) for holding up gun control legislation after a gunman killed dozens of people at a Las Vegas country music festival last year.

Church told Rolling Stone for a story this week that he blames gun lobbyists for why nothing more has been done to prevent mass shootings.

“I blame the lobbyists. And the biggest in the gun world is the NRA,” he said.

The singer called for a ban on bump stocks, improved background checks and closing the "gun show loophole" that allows for guns to be purchased from private sellers without a background check.

The NRA has been a “roadblock,” Church said.

“I don’t care who you are — you shouldn’t have that kind of power over elected officials,” Church said. “To me it’s cut-and-dried — the gun-show (loophole) would not exist if it weren’t for the NRA, so at this point in time, if I was an NRA member, I would think I had more of a problem than the solution.”

Church said his views on ammunition and gun availability changed after a gunman opened fire from a room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas, killing 58 people and injuring more than 800 others at the Route 91 Harvest music festival.

“I’m a Second Amendment guy,” Church said. “That’s in the Constitution, it’s people’s right, and I don’t believe it’s negotiable. But nobody should have that many guns and that much ammunition and we don’t know about it.”

“Nobody should have 21 AKs and 10,000 rounds of ammunition and we don’t know who they are,” he continued. “Something’s gotta be done so that a person can’t have an armory and pin down a Las Vegas SWAT team for six minutes. That’s f---ed up.”

Church told the magazine that he went though an angry “funk” for about six months after the October shooting.

One country music fan, 29-year-old Sonny Melton, was reportedly buried in an Eric Church T-shirt.

“Something broke in me that night, and it still hasn’t healed,” Church told Rolling Stone. “There’s a part of me that hopes it haunts me forever.”

Dozens of House Democrats renewed a call for President Trump to back legislation banning bump stocks this week.

Bump stocks, devices that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire more rapidly, were used in the Las Vegas shooting.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has proposed a rule to regulate bump stocks like machine guns, a move that would essentially ban the devices outright.

MGM Resorts International, the owner of the Mandalay Bay hotel and the Route 91 Harvest festival, filed lawsuits against more than 1,000 victims in order to avoid liability.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...naction-on-gun

He sponsored by yeti?

I was in the Luxor 2 weeks ago, and after walking around that concert area, I have no idea how MANY more didn't die. Truly shooting fish in a barrel from his vantage point. Sad

Eric church squats when he pees

Well , I don't listen to him because he's not country to me. He is so called new country and that seems to be the current trend in Nashville. What happened to Hank Sr., Earl Scruggs, the Possum, Ricky Scaggs, Lester Flatt and many others ? Newer like Hank Jr. , Waylon, David Allan Coe, The Man in Black, and others are basically gone from Nashville , it's the new wave that sucks.

Well I hope she’s okay with her career hitting the toilet.

definitely not an utterly sick and rotten society we live, yezzuuurrrr

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/17...-shooting.html
    SW- "Depp is a fairly deep thinker"

SW- "THE POINT IS WE CAN'T LET THE GOV BE NOT FUNDED!"

SW- "I'm a dang box"

Quote Originally Posted by DUCKBLINDNESS View Post

You do realize that’s a common legal move in the case of a mass casualty event no matter the corporation. They’re attempting to levy their culpability in a suit that involves a lunatic in their establishment. If it were a Starbucks, one of your faggot liberal asshole buddies would make the same move. Maybe you should find a poll on it.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

He needs to STFU and stick to music

He needs to just STFU.

Considering his lyrics, I blame him for all DUI related deaths.

I had several sentences typed and deleted.

Just gonna go with "what a fag"

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    You do realize that’s a common legal move in the case of a mass casualty event no matter the corporation. They’re attempting to levy their culpability in a suit that involves a lunatic in their establishment. If it were a Starbucks, one of your faggot liberal asshole buddies would make the same move. Maybe you should find a poll on it.
    the fact that it's a common legal move is exactly the sickness and rot im talking about and it aint nothing to do with starbucks on anything else

yall wallow in this fallen world like pigs in shit
    SW- "Depp is a fairly deep thinker"

SW- "THE POINT IS WE CAN'T LET THE GOV BE NOT FUNDED!"

SW- "I'm a dang box"

Really disappointed that he would say something like that

“I don’t care who you are — you shouldn’t have that kind of power over elected officials,” Church said.

Wait. Wtf?

The NRA is probably the only lobbiest group that is completely funded by it's members as opposed to corporations. I'd say we need more power like that.

Quote Originally Posted by thawhacker View Post
    Really disappointed that he would say something like that
    Why? I don't know his music or anything about him, but it looks like he's been trying his best to be the country version of George Michael.

Just a position move to get the case into federal court instead of state...

It is no different of a position than you would have if someone stole your truck, drove it into a crowd of protestors, and then everybody tried to sue you for their deaths.

These guys (and gals) get to a "certain level" and think anything they say is above reproach. He'll find out soon enough, that's not the case.

the fact that it's a common legal move is exactly the sickness and rot im talking about and it aint nothing to do with starbucks on anything else

yall wallow in this fallen world like pigs in shit
    Wallow? Who here is taking great joy in the state of our society in general right now? Name one. I'll wait.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Oh yeah..... eff Eric Church.