Thread: Who's Goin'?

Default Who's Goin'?

Leaving Charlotte for the LC later this afternoon. Hunting the endangered ARS at least 2 outta 3 days this weekend. What about y'all?

Yep, going Saturday. Had hoped to go all three but I'm behind and need to catch up some. But we're really just bottom fishing with an extra thrown in.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 08-09-2018 at 07:40 AM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Saturday
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

1-3ft
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    1-3ft
    @ 4 seconds.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

A little to bumpy for my boat. Hope it will lay out.

4 seconds too close for me. I’ll get beat to death in a 21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna try to go Saturday but keeping an eye on the weather. Not gonna get my brains beat out to keep 1 red snapper.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    Gonna try to go Saturday but keeping an eye on the weather. Not gonna get my brains beat out to keep 1 red snapper.
    You can still keep other stuff too.

4sec you should be able to run on top of it.

I definitely wouldn't go if I couldn't keep other stuff. Still got stuff to do in preparation of deer killin.

How’d y’all do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we went- ran 30 mph out and in- loaded the boat with bottom fish of all types but only 2 ARS- DNR checked us at the landing and only wanted to see the ARS

Ran 37 miles out and ended up with a 5 man limit of ARS, 1 nice Cubera, 20 or so b liners and a few triggers. Lines were out of the water by 10:15. Nice day out on the water
    Last edited by ecwooduck; 08-12-2018 at 08:42 AM.
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

3 ARS
    2 Cobia
    3 Flounder
    1 Scamp
    15 Bliners
    38 BSB
    49 White Grunts
    6 Joltheads
    Plus AJ’s, Cuda, Sand Tiger and I had the distinct pleasure of hooking up a 14’ Tiger

Ran 25 miles, stayed in one area all day. Bumpy ocean on the way out, bumpy on the way in but we were dry.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 08-12-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    3 ARS
    2 Cobia
    3 Flounder
    1 Scamp
    15 Bliners
    38 BSB
    49 White Grunts
    6 Joltheads
    Plus AJ’s, Cuda, Sand Tiger and I had the distinct pleasure of hooking up a 14’ Tiger

Ran 25 miles, stayed in one area all day. Bumpy ocean on the way out, bumpy on the way in but we were dry.
    Was that in your new boat?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Was that in your new boat?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Yeah. Ran out at 35, in on the SW wind and chop at 30, easy cruise and dry.

We struggled bottom fishing, mainly all small stuff, but did go 1-3 on wahoo trolling and it was about 40 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    3 ARS
    2 Cobia
    3 Flounder
    1 Scamp
    15 Bliners
    38 BSB
    49 White Grunts
    6 Joltheads

Would like to have seen that Tiger. That's a lot of shark!

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    Would like to have seen that Tiger. That's a lot of shark!
    Yeah, wasn’t planning on hooking it. My line was tangled with another and it ate my jig while we were cutting things away. It had been cruising us a while eating our discards. I think my response was something like “ahh shit”. Put on the play action and fought it for 20-30 to the Boat once and then until the leader popped. It was a good one. We got the two Cobia off of it though.