Thread: 2,4 D Pellets for Lily Pads

Default 2,4 D Pellets for Lily Pads

Is this the best route for them (broadcasting) or should I be looking for something else? Tried the search function but the threads were from several years ago.

What ever chemical you apply, it will make a damn mess in your pond. You are wasting your time. I sprayed and mud islands appeared. I mechanically cut them and mud islands appeared. I said F -them and they are thicker than before I fooled with them

bownut--research it to confirm....but i was told round up is labeled for aquatic use and can be sprayed directly on pond foliage and it will kill it.

understand, it needs to be sprayed on the "leaf" and needs to stay there a while for it to work.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Roundup or Rodeo will fill it.so will Reward, but it more expensive.

Use a surfactant.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    bownut--research it to confirm....but i was told round up is labeled for aquatic use and can be sprayed directly on pond foliage and it will kill it.

understand, it needs to be sprayed on the "leaf" and needs to stay there a while for it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Roundup or Rodeo will fill it.so will Reward, but it more expensive.

Use a surfactant.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input. I've done this several times over the years and it works, dropped the level 2 or 3 feet to freeze them as well. Found 2, 50lb. bags of 2,4 D in the barn and was told they would work longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Thanks for the input. I've done this several times over the years and it works, dropped the level 2 or 3 feet to freeze them as well. Found 2, 50lb. bags of 2,4 D in the barn and was told they would work longer.
    I have seen them advertised in magazines but never used them.

I have had good results with Rodeo at 4oz/gal

Just make sure you don’t use Roundup pro or any Glyphosate with a surfactant, it can cause fish kills