Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FLORIDA Gulf Coast....

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    I’ve been following it for awhile now and it’s unbelievable. I grew up in that area and still fish Charlotte harbor. I’ve seen red tides there before but nothing has ever been like this. Very surprising it hasnt gotten much coverage outside the state.
    In my mind it’s more the result of alterning the water flow through the Everglades as well as increased development more so than a yearly algae bloom.
    How long ago was the water flow through the Everglades changed? Sure is sad to see
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Quote Originally Posted by MDman View Post
    How long ago was the water flow through the Everglades changed? Sure is sad to see
    It’s not so much one a switch was thrown to change it but it started with rediversion for agriculture and then with increasing human development more and more wetlands were drained and water re-routed. I think we have just finally hit a tipping point in the system.

Happened in 2016 and what has changed?

When are we going to learn?
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

I am here now , dead fish in the surf. The smell is terrible...