Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Surprised This Hasn't Been Discussed...

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Act like a thug, die like a thug. Bet she won't be parking in a handicapped spot in the future. I have no sympathy for the dead cockroach.
    Wow. Sounds like you got it all figured out. And the cockroach description is a nice touch. Pot, meet kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    How would you react if you came out of a gas station and some stranger was raising hell with your wife/gf/daughter/mom? Judging from the video and the fact the shooter has a history of making an issue out of this, the shooter should be ecstatic if he doest have some for of a criminal charge stick to him and he is more than likely screwed in a civil case.

What if it was a "thug" raising hell and a white woman in a luxury car? Is that a good shoot? (I have no agenda here it just that these conversations always go this way so I will speed the process up so 2th will have some good reading tomorrow that will start his week on a good note)
    Ironically, it's not you who needs to prove you don't have an agenda...

the shooter started the whole ordeal, however in this day and age when you decide to engage someone physically to have to go in understanding that it may be more than just a fist fight.

I stopped a thief at a rural king store a few months ago as he was running out of the store. I had little time to react as I was walking in and saw him coming with the store manager right on his heels pleading for help. I Instinctively clotheslined the guy and as I watched the bottom of his nike air force ones float away from me in mid air I realized that I had possibly made a mistake because he may just get up a shoot me and continue on his way. So I decided it would be in my best interest that I get on top and finish the job. After some ground and pound and a rear naked choke, this delinquent decided it was his best interest to tap out. When it was all said and done it was revealed that he didn't have a gun. After the tongue lashing I received from my wife about what "could have happened" it truly set in on how much danger I put myself and everyone around me in.

Lesson is, I wont be afraid to engage someone physically if its absolutely necessary, however I will thing long and hard before doing so. Some people in this world today shoot first and ask questions later
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

That didn't justify deadly force in my opinion.
    Most people would come to the defense of the woman, even if she was in the wrong. The dead guy probably didn't even know what they were arguing about.
    He shoved the guy down, he didn't beat him down and when the old guy drew, the guy looked to be retreating when shot.
    Just my opinion, I probably would have drawn on him if larger, younger and stronger than me but think I would have shown a tad more trigger restraint.
    Then I would have shot him if he still came at me while gun pointed at him.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-22-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Well said. Go 'Cocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    How would you react if you came out of a gas station and some stranger was raising hell with your wife/gf/daughter/mom? Judging from the video and the fact the shooter has a history of making an issue out of this, the shooter should be ecstatic if he doest have some for of a criminal charge stick to him and he is more than likely screwed in a civil case.

What if it was a "thug" raising hell and a white woman in a luxury car? Is that a good shoot? (I have no agenda here it just that these conversations always go this way so I will speed the process up so 2th will have some good reading tomorrow that will start his week on a good note)
    You can stop at if some stranger was raising hell with my wife/GF/Daughter/Mom. No one that fits this category would park in a handicapped parking spot, except for my mom who actually is handicapped and needs a walker to get around. The type of reaction the dead guy came out with is only warranted if there was a sexual assault going on or a robbery.

and I have no idea what you are talking about in the 2nd sentence. What's a good shoot? Why are you even mentioning a white woman in a luxury car?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Wow. Sounds like you got it all figured out. And the cockroach description is a nice touch. Pot, meet kettle
    If you park in a handicapped parking spot, you are a cockroach, period. My mother has a handicapped sticker and gets around with a walker. I can't tell you how angry it makes me when my mother finds someone parked in a handicapped spot without a tag and my mother has to park further away.

In this case, the guy appeared to be looking for a handicapped tag, when the cockroach blindsided him with way too much aggression. Totally unwarranted.

I'm glad I won't be on that jury. I can see reason on both sides. This is a textbook example of how not to escalate a situation, and a textbook example of how not to de-escalate a situation. Unfortunately, someone is dead, and everyone is going to have to live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Most people would come to the defense of the woman, even if she was in the wrong. The dead guy probably didn't even know what they were arguing about.
    He shoved the guy down, he didn't beat him down and when the old guy drew, the guy looked to be retreating when shot.
    Just my opinion, I probably would have drawn on him if larger, younger and stronger than me but think I would have shown a tad more trigger restraint.
    Agreed.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I think Rick is spot on here.

Default Surprised This Hasn't Been Discussed...

A simple yes I’’m sorry, I’ll move as I shouldn’t have parked here would have taken care of the whole situation. Looks like the shooter had the same mindset as the ones who parked where they shouldn’t have, fugit! I’ll do what I want!
    Last edited by ccleroy; 07-23-2018 at 06:42 AM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    the shooter started the whole ordeal, however in this day and age when you decide to engage someone physically to have to go in understanding that it may be more than just a fist fight.

I stopped a thief at a rural king store a few months ago as he was running out of the store. I had little time to react as I was walking in and saw him coming with the store manager right on his heels pleading for help. I Instinctively clotheslined the guy and as I watched the bottom of his nike air force ones float away from me in mid air I realized that I had possibly made a mistake because he may just get up a shoot me and continue on his way. So I decided it would be in my best interest that I get on top and finish the job. After some ground and pound and a rear naked choke, this delinquent decided it was his best interest to tap out. When it was all said and done it was revealed that he didn't have a gun. After the tongue lashing I received from my wife about what "could have happened" it truly set in on how much danger I put myself and everyone around me in.

Lesson is, I wont be afraid to engage someone physically if its absolutely necessary, however I will thing long and hard before doing so. Some people in this world today shoot first and ask questions later
    Great story, and good on you.

And you're wife is absolutely correct in her assessment, but it takes a certain type of person (i.e. instinct) to put himself in harm's way on someone else's behalf. Dinner's on me should we ever cross paths.
    Last edited by Black Bart; 07-23-2018 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    I'm glad I won't be on that jury. I can see reason on both sides. This is a textbook example of how not to escalate a situation, and a textbook example of how not to de-escalate a situation. Unfortunately, someone is dead, and everyone is going to have to live with that.
    Not quite everyone.

thanks, birddawg....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    thanks, birddawg....
    I'm looking out for ya mang!
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

If I'm on a jury, he doesn't hang.

Bad call by all involved. However, when you put your hands on someone, you accept the consequences of such.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

i dont even watch these videos.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Draw and don't shoot and, then, hide and watch while you catch a brandishing charge.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Draw and don't shoot and, then, hide and watch while you catch a brandishing charge.
    Yeah, because brandishing is way worse than murder. Please tell me you don't think someone should die just because they shoved a guy. If he was man enough to be yelling at a woman, he should be man enough to fight with his fists and not pull out a gun.
    Last edited by wskinner; 07-23-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Yeah, because brandishing is way worse than murder.
    My point was this: Don't draw the sonofabitch if you aren't REAL damn'd ready to use it.
    Last edited by turbo; 07-23-2018 at 09:23 AM.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    My point was this: Don't draw the sonofabitch if you are REAL damn'd ready to use it.
    I got you, now.