Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Surprised This Hasn't Been Discussed...

I don’t think stand your ground would apply in this case, right? Since he was a willing participant in the confrontation (and it sounds like he initiated it), he can’t claim self defense, right? That’s the way it was explained to me in CWP class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”

Quote Originally Posted by clembo3 View Post
    I don’t think stand your ground would apply in this case, right? Since he was a willing participant in the confrontation (and it sounds like he initiated it), he can’t claim self defense, right? That’s the way it was explained to me in CWP class

I guess the counter-perspective would be that technically, the beef was with the lady in the car, and then the dude coming outta the store was a "second" or "subsequent" issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I guess the counter-perspective would be that technically, the beef was with the lady in the car, and then the dude coming outta the store was a "second" or "subsequent" issue?
    That’s a pretty good point. I’m curious how this will play out.

“To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”