Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand foot mouth

Default Hand foot mouth

Any of you mouth breathers ever caught it from your kids? I know they say it’s hard for adults to get it from the little ones. Daughter had red spots in her throat yesterday. Fast forward to today, the pediatrician is 75% sure it’s HFM. Strep came back negative. I woke up this AM with swollen throat and feel like I’ve been hit by a bus. Flu like symptoms, sucks ass
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Prob strep. Ive had it twice in last 3 months my youngest has had hfm 2 times this year as well. Go get strep test and some antibiotic and be good to go.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Strep test came back neg
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

HFM, Fiths etc, it sucks. Caught it a lot from the kids. Aching joints etc. good thing is, it doesn’t last but a couple days.

I had it. My feet and fingertips hurt like hell. The skin started peeling off my fingertips in a weird way. Had a sore throat. But I didn’t feel too terrible otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    HFM, Fiths etc, it sucks. Caught it a lot from the kids. Aching joints etc. good thing is, it doesn’t last but a couple days.
    Gives me hope thanks.
    R. Not

We are suppose to go up to jocassee this weekend. I rented a pontoon for my family and my buddy’s family. Hopefully we feel good enough to head out tomorrow and spend the weekend. They said the culture for the HFM for the kid would have results till Monday???
    R. Not

You prob immunocompromised from hiv
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Hope you have better vac than me. I rented cabin at oconee st park last thur-sun. Sat morning i woke up at 4 with what felt like a knife stuck under my right rib. Few hours of bent over double in Oconee ER i had emergency gall bladder removal. Post pics and ill live vicariously through you.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I heard of a guy that had it.. Nobody openly talked about it much, but I thought I heard his dick fell off.

I had HFM about six years ago. It sucked. It had me down for almost two weeks. I lost about 30lbs. My gums fell from my teeth, and had a mouthful of sores. Body aches like I had the flu. I remember trying to walk outside in the yard and had to lay down in the grass before I could get back in the house. My gums still don’t cover the bottoms of my teeth like they used to.

Shit, maybe I had something else. My kids had it and were diagnosed shortly before I got it. But we didn’t have flu like symptoms and our gums didn’t retreat like a French batallion on the Maginot line.

I did hear he got better though.

Awful fragile.

I had the chicken pox once.
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.Ducks View Post
    Any of you mouth breathers ever caught it from your kids? I know they say it’s hard for adults to get it from the little ones. Daughter had red spots in her throat yesterday. Fast forward to today, the pediatrician is 75% sure it’s HFM. Strep came back negative. I woke up this AM with swollen throat and feel like I’ve been hit by a bus. Flu like symptoms, sucks ass
    In all seriousness, is this a Doctor that you are seeing? Unless your daughter has a rash on palms or soles of feet or doctor saw something you didn't mention... it is most likely viral pharyngitis, not hand foot and mouth. And culturing it??? That is pretty abnormal , it wouldn't change anything in management as neither are treatable diseases... Depending on your daughters age I would say mononucleosis would be just as likely if not more than HFM

That was a test, just for test.
    Last edited by beanhunter; 07-19-2018 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Needed a friggin comma
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

My kids have had it. My wife got it each time they did. She was miserable. Hope yall get to feeling better
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

My son gave it to me about 2 years ago! It was damn awful! Couldn’t eat for over a week, only had it in my mouth though. I honestly think I would rather be kicked in the balls every day for a week than go through that shit again
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Yep, my son gave it to me a few years ago as well. It sucked bad! Like the others said, it was mostly in my mouth/throat. In my experience, it's a heck of a lot more painful than strep throat. Towards the end I had a few sores come up on my hands and feet as well.