Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Open

Conditions were favorable were scoring early in the day, and those conditions look to be holding. I would be surprised if the leaders didn't put some distance between them and the rest of the field today. Good looking leader board right now, will space back out throughout the day.

I like Pat Perez a lot. He is just a good guy. I don't think he can win a major, but he's got the natural game to be in the mix.

He told a good story about taking Danny Lee under his wing for a little while. Danny was just a robot out there, and his camp thought he needed to loosen up, so they sent him to live with Pat for a little while. Pat just about broke him with the pranks and shenanigans. Taping air horns inside his locker, smearing nutella on him in his sleep, turning his early morning alarm off before the start of a tournament. Danny packed his shit and moved out, but won the Greenbrier a few weeks later.

He trips me out, not really my style but he's pretty funny

Here comes tiger.
    Hey big man lemme hol a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Lol. Nope.. You might not even see him at all this weekend.
    Very astute observation, like your comment on that CWS play. I recommend you keep your day job, bubba.

He just stumbled hope that’s it for the day. I don’t think anyone will go on a scoring streak.

This tournament is about as exciting as it gets right now

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Very astute observation, like your comment on that CWS play. I recommend you keep your day job, bubba.
    There you go again trying to be cool. You should really quit trying so hard. I said that on Thursday, ya know, the first day of the tournament... As in they still have one more day to play and he could have shot -4 and made the cut. The fact that you pulled this one out 3 days later just proves you’re a tool and really want people to “look at me.”

Edit: and I still stand by my comment about the kid not giving 100% in the CWS.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 07-22-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Twice in majors where Kiz is leading or sharing going into the final round and all he has to do is shoot par to win. Hope he wins one one day.

I'm not trying to be cool. Actually, you're the one who routinely makes ignorant comments about sports. Just own it, or don't comment on stuff you clearly don't understand.

And you may stand by your comment, but you're still wrong. Refer back to above statements.

I feel like the speed of the greens changed halfway through the round, and Tiger just couldn't figure them out. He putted so well yesterday, and even though he didn't put bad today, he just couldn't get the speed down. Bogey-Double was too much for him to overcome after he took the lead. I honestly feel like the level of competition has gotten too good for him to run away with a lead at this point in his career. Technology and skill have jumped so much in the past ten years.

The Molinari name still haunts me after the Ryder Cup. He is just a fundamentally sound golfer. He doesn't put himself in positions to make mistakes, and he doesn't try to force a shot that isn't there. He putts about as good as anyone. Just because he hasn't played a lot on the PGA tour doesn't mean he isn't relevant worldwide. He has something like 25 made cuts in 35 or so major starts, and five top fives in those starts. This may be a bad comparison, but he reminds me of what Louis Oosthuizen wants to be, or could have been without all of the injuries.