Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HR Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    In regards to last night's HR Derby there is a lot of chatter on the social media about Harper and his dad cheating so that he could win.

The rules state that the ball must touch the ground before the next pitch can be delivered. In the final minute Bryce's dad wasn't waiting for the ball to land before sending another ball towards home plate.
    I was saying that the entire time. Home field advantage.
    Hey big man lemme hol a dollar.

ESPN has pushed Harper since high school and they are still trying to make him the superstar they hoped.

Trout is a freak athlete. I work with a guy that deer hunts with Trout to this day and coached him in little league. Said he was a phenom his whole life in football and baseball and never ever had an ounce of arrogance about him. Because he is a nice guy and stays away from controversy, there isn't anything to talk about in the media...they don't report on good play only.

I had no idea that a hit ball was supposed to land before the next pitch is made. If he was breaking the rules then MLB shoulda reeled it in. If you're gonna set the rules, enforce em. MLB had never been great at that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 07-17-2018 at 08:53 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSprig View Post
    my sister n law took my son to see it. she lives right outside of DC. somehow he ended up with a HR ball, sent me a text picture of him with it late last night. looking forward to getting the details of how he got it, since our DVR service was interrupted by last night's storm.

Cool, he will always have that memory when his old man like rest of us